Astonishing but true, the vast majority of auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Pennsylvania could cut their rates by about 55% a year, but they just don’t understand the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Pittsburgh is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in Pennsylvania.
- Spend some time learning about individual coverages and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates like accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Crosstrek coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Notify your current company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application for the new coverage. Make sure you keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Locating the best rates in Pittsburgh is actually quite simple. If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using these techniques. But Pennsylvania consumers must understand how insurance companies charge you for coverage and use this information to your advantage.
Save money with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared to bad drivers.
- Low Miles Discount – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower insurance rate if you buy some life insurance too.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A partial list of companies that may have most of these discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state.
When comparison shopping, comparing more prices increases the chance that you will find lower pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give Pittsburgh Crosstrek insurance quotes over the internet, so you should also compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If you want cheap car insurance in PA, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Learn How to Quote Insurance at a Discount
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but some are more transparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Your occupation and insurance rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like doctors, airline pilots, and emergency personnel tend to have higher rates than average due to intense work requirements and long work days. Other occupations such as farmers, engineers and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- Limits of liability insurance – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection when you are ruled to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Type of car, truck or SUV determines base premiums – The performance of the car or truck you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest premiums tend to be for smaller low performance passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Get a ticket, pay higher costs – Having a clean driving record influences premium rates substantially. Even a single ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Attentive drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get careless violations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and comparing your policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Should I buy only the required Pennsylvania minimum liability coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Buying from car insurance agents
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to companies in Pittsburgh who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won’t need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from local Pittsburgh agents, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. Agents in Pittsburgh can be described as either independent or exclusive.
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Pittsburgh that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, you will want to check rates from a few independent agents for the best price selection.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Pittsburgh that are able to give price quotes.
Three reasons to insure your Subaru Crosstrek
Despite the high insurance cost for a Subaru Crosstrek in Pittsburgh, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Subaru Crosstrek with a loan, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Subaru Crosstrek but also your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Subaru as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim and even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
Budget-friendly insurance in Pittsburgh is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to shop Pittsburgh auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Subaru Crosstrek insurance rates in Pittsburgh. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)