If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save on auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from companies who sell insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Spend some time learning about coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates like careless driving and a lousy credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for instructions to help keep rates affordable and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new carrier. Be sure to put the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop around at least once a year are inclined to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower rate. A survey found that people who compared prices regularly saved on average $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance is your goal, understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Pittsburgh is not rocket science. If you currently have auto insurance, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania car owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
Affordable Pittsburgh auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers may be able to get a slight reduction on a Pittsburgh car insurance quote.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with a few auto insurance companies.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Pittsburgh car insurance quote when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for lower premium rates on the low mileage vehicles.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below shows the difference between Cadillac Escalade car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, federal employee, defensive driver, membership and employees, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for accident-free, good driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, and age of vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, alternative fuel, teen driver, bundle discounts, and youthful driver.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include safe vehicle, group or association, paperless, safe driver, good student, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for preferred payment discount, multi-policy, new move discount, multi-car, exclusive group savings, and good student.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, safe driver, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, homeowner, and drive less.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- USAA may include discounts for family discount, annual mileage, vehicle storage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some discounts may not be available in Pittsburgh. To see companies with discount auto insurance rates in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rates for Cadillac Escalade insurance in Pittsburgh is to understand almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is give them some information like which vehicles you own, deductibles desired, if you require a SR-22, and your credit rating estimate. The data is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and you should receive rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To find lower cheap Cadillac Escalade insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. To get cheap car insurance in Pittsburgh, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Cadillac Escalade insurance charts and tables
The information displayed below showcases a range of prices for Cadillac Escalade models. Learning more about how auto insurance premiums are calculated can be of help when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 2WD||$272||$482||$386||$22||$116||$1,278||$107|
|Escalade Premium Edition 4WD||$296||$482||$386||$22||$116||$1,302||$109|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 4WD||$296||$482||$386||$22||$116||$1,302||$109|
|Escalade Premium Edition 2WD||$296||$482||$386||$22||$116||$1,302||$109|
|Escalade Hybrid 2WD||$296||$610||$350||$20||$104||$1,380||$115|
|Escalade Hybrid 4WD||$296||$610||$350||$20||$104||$1,380||$115|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 2WD||$296||$546||$386||$22||$116||$1,366||$114|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 4WD||$296||$546||$386||$22||$116||$1,366||$114|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 2WD||$322||$672||$350||$20||$104||$1,468||$122|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 4WD||$322||$672||$350||$20||$104||$1,468||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Price estimates do not factor in specific Pittsburgh garaging location which can alter coverage rates greatly.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The information below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents can impact Cadillac Escalade insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Annual premiums for males compared to females
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Cadillac Escalade insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are factored in.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The information below visualizes the comparison of Cadillac Escalade insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no clear-cut rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Cadillac Escalade book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your auto insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you could use an agent’s help.
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Pittsburgh?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Local Pittsburgh auto insurance agents and insurance
A lot of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! A good thing about comparing rates online is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Pittsburgh that provide free Pittsburgh car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to do any legwork because prices are sent to your email. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Pittsburgh?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Pittsburgh for you
If you’re trying to find an insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Pittsburgh are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Pittsburgh willing to provide rate quotes.
- Steve Long – State Farm Insurance Agent
2830 W Liberty Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15216 – (412) 531-5600 – View Map
- Darla Zeli – State Farm Insurance Agent
2513 E Carson St – Pittsburgh, PA 15203 – (412) 431-7166 – View Map
- Chad Gregorini – State Farm Insurance Agent
7 Brilliant Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15215 – (412) 784-8855 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to include price quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Pittsburgh willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Zikos Insurance
Two Chatham Center, Suite 1060, 112 Washington Pl – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 391-3464 – View Map
- Masters Insurance Services
1719 Ardmore Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15221 – (412) 351-2448 – View Map
- Hurley Insurance Brokers
3508 Fifth Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15213 – (412) 682-6100 – View Map
How to find a good Pittsburgh auto insurance company
Ending up with the top insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Pittsburgh. The ranking information in the lists below may help you choose which insurers you want to consider shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Erie Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Cadillac Escalade.
Due to the fact that many Pennsylvania drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Pennsylvania limits are 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for rehabilitation expenses, surgery, doctor visits and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hail damage, damage from getting keyed, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a deer. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Escalade from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Escalade in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as emergency aid, attorney fees and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Pennsylvania state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Be persistent to save money
We just presented some good ideas how to shop for Cadillac Escalade insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
A few companies do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies. The cheapest Cadillac Escalade insurance in Pittsburgh can be sourced online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about auto insurance in Pennsylvania can be read below:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)