Sad but true, the vast majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,400, Pittsburgh drivers can save roughly 55% each year, but most undervalue how much they could save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The most effective way to find cheaper prices for Ford Five Hundred insurance in Pittsburgh is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Pennsylvania. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Spend some time learning about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, careless driving and poor credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives more details to help prevent costly coverage and find more discounts that you may not know about.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Five Hundred coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A tip to remember is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Pittsburgh is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, take advantage of these tips to shop for the lowest rates and still have adequate protection. Comparison shoppers just have to know the quickest way to compare insurance rates online from multiple companies.
Reducing your Ford Five Hundred insurance rates is an easy way to save money. You just need to spend a little time to compare rate quotes to find the company with low cost Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes.
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Pittsburgh, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Pennsylvania
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves several important purposes.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Ford Five Hundred, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Seven Tips to Get More Affordable Pittsburgh Insurance Prices
Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Remove unneeded extra coverages – There are a lot of additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying insurance. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you’ve never needed them in the past get rid of them and save.
How your age affects premiums – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit. Inexperience drivers are known to be less responsible when behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance rates.
Higher rates for specific vocations – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, social workers, and accountants generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress and lengthy work days. Other careers such as professors, engineers and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
Marriage is a bonus – Being married may cut your premiums on your insurance bill. It generally demonstrates drivers are more stable financially and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Maintain insurance coverage – Driving without insurance coverage in place can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a license revocation or jail time. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Pennsylvania DMV.
Frequent insurance claims increase prices – Car insurance companies in Pennsylvania provide the lowest premiums to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – Being a careful driver influences premium rates substantially. Having a single speeding ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Drivers with multiple citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Cheap Pittsburgh car insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurers don’t always publicize every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current Five Hundred insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Pittsburgh auto insurance online.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction depending on your car insurance provider.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive better car insurance rates.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
To choose insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Pittsburgh, click this link.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Pennsylvania?
- What are good deductibles for a Ford Five Hundred?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
Some people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Professional insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you can get better rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Pittsburgh who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You never need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they operate. Car insurance policy providers may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Pittsburgh who may provide you with price quotes.
- Darlene Shelton-Lamot – State Farm Insurance Agent
911 Western Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15233 – (412) 322-1064 – View Map
- Jack Dumbaugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1236 Grove Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 884-8100 – View Map
- Mike Newell – State Farm Insurance Agent
4772 Liberty Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15224 – (412) 621-0600 – View Map
These agents are appointed with more than one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Pittsburgh that can give you price quotes.
- James L Smith Insurance Agency Inc
304 Cochran Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- Insurance Consultants Of Pittsburgh
300 Mt Lebanon Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 344-2800 – View Map
- Joe Vojtas Agency – ERIE Insurance
9800B McKnight Rd #226 – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 847-3743 – View Map
After you get good answers as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you can cancel your policy for any reason so never feel that you’re stuck with a policy with no way to switch.
Lower-priced Ford Five Hundred insurance in Pittsburgh is available on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
When shopping online for car insurance, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered a lot of tips how to save on Ford Five Hundred insurance in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Ford Five Hundred insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from a small mutual company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Seniors in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)