It’s well known that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest rate are inclined to switch insurance companies because there is a good chance of finding lower rate quotes. A recent study showed that people who routinely compared rates saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest rates on Mazda MPV insurance in Pittsburgh is your ultimate target, knowing the best ways to shop for insurance premiums can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to save on Mazda MPV insurance is to compare quotes annually from different companies in Pittsburgh. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- First, learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations, accidents, and poor credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Second, compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Companies offering Mazda MPV insurance in Pennsylvania
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
What Impacts Mazda MPV Insurance Costs?
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get better auto insurance rates. Many things are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although others are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
- Be proud to be claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Companies in Pennsylvania give cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Gender as a rate factor – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Women and men have accidents in similar percentages, but guys tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Companies want multiple policies – Most larger auto insurance companies give a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, consumers should still shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- More people means more accidents – Living in a small town has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Residents of big cities have more road rage incidents and more severe claims. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
- Bump up physical damage deductibles to lower rates – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Get lower-cost rates on Mazda MPV insurance in Pittsburgh with these car insurance discounts
Car insurance is expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Paperless Signup – Certain car insurance companies give back up to $50 shop Pittsburgh car insurance online.
- Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide before your rates go up if you have no claims before the accident.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- ABS Brakes – Cars with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on MPV insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may receive a slight reduction on a Pittsburgh car insurance quote.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good student, student away at school, driver’s education, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- American Family offers premium reductions for early bird, good driver, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, and bundled insurance.
- AAA offers discounts including AAA membership discount, good student, pay-in-full, multi-car, good driver, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-vehicle, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, air bags, and membership and employees.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include anti-theft, age of vehicle, location of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include youthful driver, mature driver, pay in full, alternative fuel, and business and professional.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Many people just want to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Pittsburgh that can provide free Pittsburgh car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent instantly to you. It’s the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurer is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Pittsburgh?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you want to use a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive insurance agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are highly trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below are Pittsburgh exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
Darlene Shelton-Lamot – State Farm Insurance Agent
911 Western Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15233 – (412) 322-1064 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally which requires no work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are independent agencies in Pittsburgh willing to provide comparison quotes.
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback for all questions you ask and a good coverage price, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles.
How to find a good Pittsburgh auto insurance company
Picking the right auto insurance company is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in Pennsylvania. The company information listed below can help you pick which companies you want to consider comparing rates from.
|A.M Best Rating
|Compare Rates Now Go
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Your car insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions might point out if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Should I buy only the required Pennsylvania minimum liability coverage?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
A little work can save a LOT of money
As you quote Pittsburgh car insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
You just read many ways to save on Mazda MPV insurance in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)