If you want to save the most money, the best way to save on Nissan Juke insurance in Pittsburgh is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Pennsylvania.
First, try to learn about how insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for more details to get lower rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Pittsburgh. If you find better rates, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. Once coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Anyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who compare price quotes are very likely to switch companies because of the high probability of finding more affordable rates. A study discovered that people who shopped around annually saved $850 each year compared to those who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance is why you’re reading this, then learning about the best ways to shop for auto insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find a better price. Some regional insurers cannot provide online rate quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from them as well.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Pennsylvania. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Pittsburgh, PA, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Don’t overlook these Nissan Juke insurance discounts
Companies don’t always list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Mature Driver Discount – Older drivers may qualify for reduced rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting insurance coverage on a new Juke can save up to 30% because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Juke insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Sign Online – A handful of larger companies provide a small discount just for signing your application on the internet.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount should definitely cut the premium cost.
A list of auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts including good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, student away at school, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for good student, newly married, preferred payment discount, new move discount, new vehicle discount, multi-car, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family has savings for TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for switch companies, distant student, homeowner, good student, alternative fuel, and multi-car.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for teen driver, anti-theft, multi-policy, group or association, student away at school, paperless, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO has discounts for drive less, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
Double check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in Pittsburgh. To find companies with discount rates in Pennsylvania, click here.
Buying from car insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this short form, your coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Pittsburgh that provide free Pittsburgh car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Pittsburgh?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Pittsburgh for you
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they function. Pittsburgh agents are categorized either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Pittsburgh that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Pittsburgh that can give you rate quotes.
The Nissan Juke Insurance Premium Equation
Many things are used when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you big savings.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
Better premiums for being claim-free – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Pennsylvania give better rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
Compare rates if you bundle your policies – The majority of insurers apply better rates to policyholders that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other Pittsburgh Juke insurance rates to ensure the best deal. It’s possible to still save even more than the discount by buying insurance from a different company.
Your address can affect costs – Residing in less populated areas has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Employer can influence prices – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like real estate brokers, police officers, and accountants have the highest rates due to intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Other professions such as professors, historians and homemakers get better rates.
Nissan Juke insurance loss statistics – Companies use data from past claims when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage.
The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Nissan Juke vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Juke 2WD||101||104||77||111||134||113|
|Nissan Juke 4WD||107||112||75||120||115||105|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan Juke in Pittsburgh, maintaining insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Nissan with a loan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Nissan at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Nissan and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in Pennsylvania is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Shop smart and save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We’ve covered many ideas to compare Nissan Juke insurance car insurance rates in Pittsburgh. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Pittsburgh car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company. They may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
More information is located at these links:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pittsburgh Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)