The easiest way to get low-cost Saturn Ion insurance in Pittsburgh is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Pennsylvania.
- Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that increase rates such as multiple speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for more details to get better rates and find missing discounts.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Ion coverage is available. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best rate selection.
It’s shocking but the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Pittsburgh can cut their rates by up to 55% a year just by shopping around, but they won’t spend time to go online and compare rates.
If you have auto insurance now, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the concepts covered in this article. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Pittsburgh is quite easy. Although Pennsylvania drivers must know how companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Cheapest companies for Saturn Ion insurance
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked about before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit available, you are just wasting money.
- Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Pittsburgh is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with a few auto insurance companies.
- Distant College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Pittsburgh and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to look at driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Saturn may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Saturn Ion insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- American Family offers discounts including good student, mySafetyValet, accident-free, TimeAway discount, good driver, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Farm Bureau has savings for 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, and good student.
- State Farm has discounts for student away at school, good driver, driver’s education, multiple autos, passive restraint, and good student.
- Travelers includes discounts for continuous insurance, new car, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, driver training, and home ownership.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include bundle, vehicle fuel type, good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, and driver training.
- GEICO may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
Before buying, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Pittsburgh. For a list of auto insurance companies with the best Saturn Ion insurance discounts in Pittsburgh, click this link.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
Certain consumers just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper prices and also buy local.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Pittsburgh that can give you free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because prices are sent to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an company should include more criteria than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- How are they compensated?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Which family members are covered?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Ion caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible on your Ion to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a deer, a broken windshield, hitting a bird and damage from flooding. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Saturn Ion.
Since many Pennsylvania drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Pennsylvania limits are 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Liability car insurance
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as structural damage, emergency aid and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Pennsylvania state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying higher limits.
The chart below shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills for things like X-ray expenses, chiropractic care and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Pittsburgh car insurance company ratings
Picking the best company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are to choose from in Pittsburgh. The ranking information displayed below may help you decide which companies to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Erie Insurance
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Lower-priced auto insurance in Pittsburgh is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Pittsburgh, so get free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some auto insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller companies sell through independent agencies.
As you quote Pittsburgh auto insurance, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for College Students in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)