If you want to save money, the best way to get budget Audi TTS insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies who provide auto insurance in Pittsburgh. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for additional tips to prevent expensive rate increases and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A tip to remember is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to look at as many companies as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s safe to conclude that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who rate shop once a year will, in all likelihood, move their business because they have good chances of finding discount prices. Remarkably, a study showed that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved approximately $865 a year compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance is the reason you’re here, then learning about the best way to compare coverages can make the process more efficient.
If you already have coverage or are shopping for new coverage, use these tips to save money without sacrificing coverage. Finding and buying affordable auto insurance policy in Pittsburgh is not as hard as you may think. Shoppers just need to understand the fastest way to shop their coverage around instantly.
Finding more affordable Pittsburgh auto insurance prices doesn’t have to be difficult. All you need to do is take the time comparing rate quotes to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Audi TTS rate quotes.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Pittsburgh, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Pittsburgh TTS insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Audi TTS, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank will be required to insure your Audi for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Pittsburgh is overpaying over $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The Audi TTS Insurance Cost Equation
Lots of things are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
Safer cars means better auto insurance rates – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Little extras can really add up – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages that can add up but may not be useful. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and term life insurance are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
Optional features that cut premiums – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
Drive less and pay lower prices – The higher the miles on your Audi each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies calculate prices based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Autos that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Make sure your policy is showing annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your TTS is throwing money out the window.
Credit rating impacts costs – Having a good credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit can be improved, you could save money insuring your Audi TTS by repairing your credit. People with excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with worse credit.
Audi TTS claim probability – Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more to insure. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Audi TTS vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is a value of 100. Values under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Audi Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Audi TTS 2dr 4WD||141|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t overlook these Audi TTS insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but some must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower rate if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your insurance provider.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- College Student Discount – Older children living away from Pittsburgh attending college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free before the accident.
Remember that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
Auto insurance companies who may offer these discounts include:
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Pittsburgh. To find insurance companies with the best Audi TTS insurance discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Pittsburgh insurance agent
A lot of people would rather buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find lower car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Pittsburgh that can give you free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company should depend on more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
If you would like to find a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Pittsburgh agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand and strong financial ratings.
The following are Pittsburgh exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Tad Paterra – State Farm Insurance Agent
984 Greentree Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 922-2622 – View Map
- Joy Capozzi – State Farm Insurance Agent
3111 Banksville Rd #207 – Pittsburgh, PA 15216 – (412) 344-3014 – View Map
- George O’Korn – State Farm Insurance Agent
4486 Steubenville Pike – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 921-1182 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, you definitely need to include price quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Pittsburgh that can give you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Barry Lumsden
600 Grant St – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 415-1954 – View Map
- McIlrath Insurance Agency
4601 Clairton Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15236 – (412) 882-9000 – View Map
- A For the People Insurance Agency, Inc.
2514 Wylie Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 621-5581 – View Map
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to compare Audi TTS insurance car insurance rates in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, high prices, poor customer service and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right auto insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)