If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from providers in Pennsylvania.
First, gain an understanding of coverages and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, careless driving and bad credit can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides information to prevent high rates and get additional discounts.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. Immediately place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who get comparison quotes once a year will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because the odds are good of finding discount prices. A recent insurance study discovered that people who shopped around every year saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to those who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Pittsburgh is why you’re reading this, then having some insight into how to find companies and compare cheaper coverage can make the process less intimidating.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Pittsburgh is really quite easy. If you currently have insurance, you will be able to get lower rates using the concepts covered in this article. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania drivers need to learn how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
To get inexpensive Pittsburgh car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rate quotes from all the different companies. The easiest way to find affordable insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Comparing rate quotes online is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to go to and from local Pittsburgh insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Kia Soul insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the trained advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. It is possible with some companies find lower rates online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes will enable you to find the best offered rates. Not every company provides Pittsburgh Soul insurance quotes online, so it’s necessary to compare price estimates from them, too.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Pennsylvania. To locate the cheapest auto insurance in Pennsylvania, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Kia Soul insurance in Pittsburgh with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but some must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used Soul can get you a discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because it requires personal responsibility.
- Resident Student – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Pittsburgh and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Pittsburgh is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 shop Pittsburgh car insurance on the web.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. But all discounts should help reduce the cost of coverage.
The example below shows the difference between Kia Soul insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, good student, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-policy, continuous insurance, multi-car, early quote, and payment discounts.
- American Family offers discounts including Steer into Savings, early bird, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for multi-policy, preferred payment discount, good student, hybrid vehicle, safety features, and newly retired.
Before buying, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits may not apply to policies in Pittsburgh. To locate insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Pittsburgh, click this link.
Insurance coverage details
The table shown below showcases detailed analysis of insurance prices for Kia Soul models. Understanding more about how car insurance premiums are established can help drivers make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can alter rates greatly.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Pittsburgh
The illustration below shows the difference between Kia Soul yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no specific rule of when to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Kia Soul replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $600 a year to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Which auto insurance company is best in Pennsylvania?
Finding a high-quality insurer can be difficult considering how many companies there are to choose from in Pittsburgh. The rank data listed below can help you pick which insurers you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Erie Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%