We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who get price quotes annually will most likely switch car insurance companies because there are good odds of finding a lower-cost company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Pittsburgh is your ultimate goal, then understanding how to find and compare coverages can help you be more efficient.
The recommended way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Pittsburgh. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, learn about coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like careless driving and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. This article gives information to prevent rate hikes and find additional discounts.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with every company you can. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding the best rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide online Pittsburgh RC 300 insurance quotes, so you should also compare price quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Pennsylvania. If you want to find cheap car insurance in PA, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance quotes
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there may be some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Life Insurance Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow companies to scrutinize where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers pay much less as opposed to bad drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy early. The savings is around 10%.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your home and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better prices.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce the cost of your policy.
Some of the insurance companies that have many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
When quoting, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not be available in Pittsburgh. To view auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Pittsburgh, click here to view.
Why you need quality insurance for your Lexus vehicle
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lexus, most banks will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Lexus for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Lexus RC 300 and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your RC 300 outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $830 a year so compare quotes from several companies every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Pittsburgh auto insurance companies
Selecting a high-quality car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Pennsylvania. The ranking data shown next could help you select which companies to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Lexus RC 300?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Pennsylvania?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Local Pittsburgh insurance agents and insurance
A lot of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this short form, the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Pittsburgh who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking the best provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you want to use a local Pittsburgh insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Pittsburgh agents are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive agencies normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Pittsburgh that are able to give price quote information.
- Lindsay Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
300 Cedar Blvd #205 – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (412) 344-3030 – View Map
- Eric Morris – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 Babcock Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15209 – (412) 821-0225 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas Bianco
1154 Freeport Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15238 – (412) 967-7655 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company so they can write business with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you should always get insurance quotes from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Pittsburgh willing to provide comparison quotes.
- The Dowd Insurance Agency
998 Greensburg Pike – East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 – (412) 271-5477 – View Map
- Dowd Insurance Agency Inc
998, Greensburg Pike – East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 – (412) 271-5477 – View Map
- Brown Insurance Agency
5001 Baum Blvd #515 – Pittsburgh, PA 15213 – (412) 681-7114 – View Map