A recent survey discovered that nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in Pittsburgh could pocket up to $700 a year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they changed companies.
The easiest way to quote cheaper car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Pittsburgh. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and your credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
An important part of this process is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to analyze every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Pittsburgh is quite easy. If you are insured now, you will surely be able to lower your rates using this strategy. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the quickest method to compare rate quotes using one simple form.
Companies offer many discounts on Saturn Sky insurance in Pittsburgh
Auto insurance can be pricey, but there may be some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy and place coverage with the same company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find cheap Sky insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO allow you one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Telematics Data – Drivers that enable data collection to track driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower prices if you buy life insurance.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
If you would like to see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
How to shop Saturn Sky insurance online
Most of the larger companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm allow you to get pricing direct online. This process is quite simple as all you need to do is type in your coverage preferences into the form. Once entered, the company’s rating system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and generates a price based on the information you submitted. Getting online rates for Saturn Sky insurance in Pittsburgh helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get lower-cost auto insurance pricing.
To compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Pennsylvania. To buy the best cheap auto insurance in Pittsburgh, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When quoting and choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Pittsburgh?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Pennsylvania?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Compare rates but buy from a local Pittsburgh insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Which family members are covered?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of insurance agents and how they operate. Agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can provide insurance policies, but it’s important to know the subtle differences because it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are Pittsburgh exclusive agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following are Pittsburgh independent agents that can give you price quote information.
After talking to the agent and getting good responses to your questions and locked in a price quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that meets your needs to service your policy.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Picking the highest-rated auto insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Pennsylvania. The company ratings in the lists below could help you pick which car insurance companies to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Erie Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Find cheap rates by being thorough
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, being labeled a high risk driver or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost.
Lower-priced car insurance in Pittsburgh is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Pittsburgh agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers sell through independent agencies.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for College Students in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)