A recent survey discovered that most consumers in Pennsylvania have purchased from the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers can save as much as $860 each year, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find lower priced car insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who sell insurance in Pennsylvania. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover tips to help keep prices low and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to remember is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Pittsburgh can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the concepts covered in this article. Although Pennsylvania car owners need to learn how insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
To find more affordable rates, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from different companies. The best way to lower the rate you pay for Jaguar XJ insurance is to use the internet to compare rates. When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing more rates from different companies increases your odds of finding the best offered rates.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Jaguar in Pittsburgh, maintaining insurance is required in Pennsylvania but also provides important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your XJ has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Jaguar at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects both your Jaguar and your assets. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Jaguar gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is overpaying over $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Jaguar XJ insurance rates and statistics
The coverage information below showcases different policy rates for Jaguar XJ models. Having a better idea how policy rates are figured is important to be able to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XJ SWB 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$580||$372||$22||$112||$1,356||$113|
|XJ LWB 4-Dr Sedan||$292||$640||$372||$22||$112||$1,438||$120|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Pittsburgh garaging location which can decrease or increase price quotes substantially.
Gender-based insurance rates by age
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Jaguar XJ insurance prices for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The information below shows the comparison of Jaguar XJ insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no set guideline for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Jaguar XJ claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying more than $800 a year to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Take policy discounts and save on Jaguar XJ insurance in Pittsburgh
Some companies don’t always advertise all discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Pittsburgh car insurance online.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can get better auto insurance rates.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on XJ insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Life Insurance – Select auto insurance companies reward you with a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course as it can save substantially.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable their insurance company to look at their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better auto insurance rates.
- Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Good Student – Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But any discount will positively reduce your overall premium however.
The chart below shows the difference between Jaguar XJ car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings may not be offered in every state.
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.