Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for more affordable car insurance rates in Pittsburgh, PA? Pittsburgh drivers have a choice when trying to find the lowest priced Kia Optima Hybrid insurance. You can either waste hours calling around to compare prices or use the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage on a Kia and find the cheapest rates either online or from Pittsburgh insurance agents.
If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. The intent of this article is to instruct you on how auto insurance companies operate and some money-saving tips. You just need to use the fastest way to shop online.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Cheap Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in Pittsburgh
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance carriers reward you with lower car insurance rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Pittsburgh Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Government Employee Discount – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm permit an accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best car insurance rates in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to your current Optima Hybrid insurance policy expiring. You can save around 10% with this discount.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, seat belt use, and military active duty.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including safe driver, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, driver’s education, multiple policy, accident-free, safe vehicle, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, accident-free, good driver, good student, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has discounts for automatic seat belts, driver training, theft prevention, defensive driver, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not be offered in Pittsburgh. If you would like to view car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Pittsburgh, follow this link.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Pittsburgh, buying auto insurance is required by state law in Pennsylvania and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to be legal. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Kia with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your Kia Optima Hybrid and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Pennsylvania overpays more than $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Get rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Pittsburgh car insurance agent
Many people just want to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local.
By using this quick form, the quote information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
When searching for local Pittsburgh agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Pittsburgh can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s good to learn why they differ because it can factor into the selection process.
Exclusive agents can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are highly trained in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are Pittsburgh exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Jack Dumbaugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1236 Grove Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 884-8100 – View Map
- John Cosey – State Farm Insurance Agent
5869 Forbes Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15217 – (412) 521-7070 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas Bianco
1154 Freeport Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15238 – (412) 967-7655 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, you should always contact a few independent agents for the best price selection. Most can insure with small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Pittsburgh who can help you get price quotes.
- Zikos Insurance
Two Chatham Center, Suite 1060, 112 Washington Pl – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 391-3464 – View Map
- The Dowd Insurance Agency
998 Greensburg Pike – East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 – (412) 271-5477 – View Map
- Brown Insurance Agency
5001 Baum Blvd #515 – Pittsburgh, PA 15213 – (412) 681-7114 – View Map