Truthfully, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to regularly compare quotes from different companies who sell insurance in Pennsylvania. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, spend some time learning about auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that result in higher rates like careless driving and a low credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for more information to prevent rate hikes and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new insurer. Immediately upon receiving it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One tip to remember is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. Drivers in Pennsylvania can cut their rates by approximately 55% a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to do a rate comparison.
Best companies for affordable Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Pennsylvania
The auto insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. To buy cheap car insurance in Pennsylvania, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Save a ton on Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Pittsburgh with these discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Pittsburgh auto insurance online.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Multiple Cars – Having multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more on Mark LT insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable driving data submission to track their driving habits remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your overall premium however.
A list of car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- State Farm discounts include Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, defensive driving training, multiple autos, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for multi-policy, anti-theft, accident-free, business or organization, family plan, defensive driving, and easy pay.
- GEICO includes discounts for military active duty, defensive driver, anti-theft, federal employee, and membership and employees.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century offers discounts for good student, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, air bags, homeowners, and theft prevention.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, good student, bundle, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
If you need affordable Lincoln Mark LT insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state. To find companies with the best Lincoln Mark LT insurance discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
How You Can Control Lincoln Mark LT Insurance Rates
Lots of things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Deductibles for physical damage tell how much the insured will be required to pay if the claim is covered. Protection for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be rear-ending another vehicle, damage from fire, and damage from wind. The more you have to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
- More policies can equal more savings – Most major companies will award better rates to insureds that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, consumers should still comparison shop to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Long commutes cost more – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy reflects the correct driver usage. An incorrectly rated Mark LT can result in significantly higher rates.
- Insurance is expensive for teen drivers – Young drivers in Pennsylvania are known to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older people tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Too many policy claims drive up car insurance rates – If you frequently file small claims, you should expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in Pennsylvania award better rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Get better rates after the wedding – Having a significant other helps lower the price compared to being single. It means you’re more stable financially and statistics show married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Employer can influence rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as doctors, air traffic controllers, and miners tend to have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, engineers and homemakers get better rates.
- Deter theft and pay less – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop auto theft.
Buying car insurance from Pittsburgh car insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is OK! A good thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which family members are covered?
Find cheaper car insurance rates by comparing often
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare Lincoln Mark LT insurance auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. They may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More affordable car insurance in Pittsburgh can be found both online and from local insurance agents, so get free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don’t offer price quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
More detailed car insurance information is located at these sites:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)