Unthinkable but true, most consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Consumers in Pittsburgh could save approximately $690 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t believe how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to annually compare prices from companies who can sell car insurance in Pittsburgh. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, try to comprehend what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and a poor credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One important bit of advice is to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Lincoln MKT Insurance
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The list below includes a few of the things car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Liability – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Do you really need the extra policy coverages? – There are a lot of additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Low comp and collision deductibles cost more – Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are required to spend if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage from wind. The more of the claim the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Cheaper prices for prior coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a quick way to pay more for car insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
Lincoln MKT statistical loss data – Insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Lincoln MKT vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 point to more frequent losses or larger claims.
Lincoln MKT Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Lincoln Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKT 4dr 2WD 128 133 Lincoln MKT 4dr 4WD 118 85 138 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Analysis of Lincoln MKT rates
The data table below outlines different insurance rates for Lincoln MKT models. Learning a little about how policy rates are established can be useful when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$278||$512||$358||$22||$106||$1,276||$106|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$306||$590||$358||$22||$106||$1,382||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in specific Pittsburgh garaging location which can change auto insurance rates substantially.
Check for these money saving discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with a few auto insurance companies.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select larger companies give a discount for switching companies before your current coverage expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Pittsburgh auto insurance online.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- E-sign Discounts – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks shop Pittsburgh auto insurance on the internet.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
The information below illustrates the difference between Lincoln MKT insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, and online signing.
- Travelers may have discounts that include IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, home ownership, good student, student away at school, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- American Family may include discounts for Steer into Savings, defensive driver, early bird, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, accident-free, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new vehicle discount, new move discount, preferred payment discount, safety features, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, and hybrid vehicle.
When quoting, ask each company to give you their best rates. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state. To find auto insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Be persistent to save money
We just covered a lot of tips how to shop for Lincoln MKT insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim or high prices. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Low-cost Lincoln MKT insurance in Pittsburgh can be purchased on the web as well as from independent agents in Pittsburgh, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not have price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)