If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get the cheapest Mazda Tribute insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurers who provide car insurance in Pittsburgh. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a poor credit rating can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover information to find cheap prices and find additional discounts.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a better price, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is that you use identical coverages on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Consumers who shop around annually will presumably move their business because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey discovered that people who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best rates on insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of how to find and compare insurance coverage can save time and money.
If you’re already insured, you will be able to reduce premiums using these techniques. Comparing rates for affordable coverage in Pittsburgh is not as hard as you may think. But Pennsylvania car owners do need to learn the way companies market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes for Mazda Tribute insurance in Pittsburgh utilizes the fact most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including whether your vehicle is owned or leased, if you have an active license, driver details, and your job. That rating information is then submitted to all major companies and they return quotes immediately.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Mazda Tribute now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Pennsylvania. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Pittsburgh, we recommend you visit as many as you can to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda Tribute insurance, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mazda at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Mazda Tribute coverage analysis
The information displayed below covers different insurance costs for Mazda Tribute models. Being able to understand how insurance policy premiums are formulated is important for making decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tribute I Sport 2WD||$224||$470||$288||$18||$86||$1,086||$91|
|Tribute I Sport 4WD||$224||$470||$288||$18||$86||$1,086||$91|
|Tribute I Touring 2WD||$224||$470||$288||$18||$86||$1,086||$91|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 2WD||$258||$470||$288||$18||$86||$1,120||$93|
|Tribute I Touring 4WD||$258||$470||$288||$18||$86||$1,120||$93|
|Tribute I Grand Touring 4WD||$258||$554||$288||$18||$86||$1,204||$100|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 2WD||$258||$554||$288||$18||$86||$1,204||$100|
|Tribute S Grand Touring 4WD||$258||$554||$288||$18||$86||$1,204||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can influence insurance rates noticeably.
The chart below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can change Mazda Tribute insurance rates for different age groups. The prices are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Mazda Tribute full coverage rates compared to liability only
The information below illustrates the difference between Mazda Tribute insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums assume no violations or accidents, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive formula for excluding full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Mazda Tribute book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $600 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurers don’t always list every discount available very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower car insurance rates.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance on a new Tribute can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Drivers Education – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Pittsburgh auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Pittsburgh auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
The chart below illustrates the difference between Mazda Tribute insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford discounts include bundle, defensive driver, driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for age of vehicle, annual mileage, anti-theft, multi-policy, ease of repair, location of vehicle, and multi-car.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, seat belt use, multi-vehicle, air bags, and military active duty.
- AAA has discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-policy, good student, education and occupation, and good driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, good driver, anti-theft, multiple policy, driver’s education, student away at school, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply everywhere.
Neighborhood agents and car insurance
Some people just want to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Pittsburgh that can give you free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to quote rates from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
If you want to use a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they work. Pittsburgh agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are trained well on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Pittsburgh exclusive agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Lindsay Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
300 Cedar Blvd #205 – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (412) 344-3030 – View Map
- Danielle Howard – State Farm Insurance Agent
1500 Ardmore Blvd Ste 403 – Pittsburgh, PA 15221 – (412) 351-3305 – View Map
- Steve Long – State Farm Insurance Agent
2830 W Liberty Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15216 – (412) 531-5600 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you are not satisfied with one company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Pittsburgh who can help you get rate quotes.
- T.W. Butts Insurance Agency
4893 Campbells Run Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 787-7800 – View Map
- Joe Vojtas Agency – ERIE Insurance
9800B McKnight Rd #226 – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 847-3743 – View Map
- J.S. Smith Insurance Agency
101 Bellevue Rd Suite 02 – Pittsburgh, PA 15229 – (412) 931-6070 – View Map
Once you have positive feedback to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide car insurance. It’s important to know that policyholders can terminate coverage at any time so don’t feel that you are obligated to a specific agent with no way out.
Do I need special coverages?
When it comes to adequate coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Who is covered when they drive my Mazda Tribute?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
How to find a good Pittsburgh auto insurance company
Ending up with the top company is hard considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Pittsburgh. The company ratings shown below may help you analyze which insurers to look at when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Erie Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Persistence will pay off
Cost effective Mazda Tribute insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so get free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not offer price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare Mazda Tribute insurance auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from an unexpected company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Who Has Affordable Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Inexperienced Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Veterans? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Toyota Camry in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)