No one in their right mind looks forward to paying premiums for car insurance, especially when they are aware that the prices are way too high.
It’s hard to fathom, but almost 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. With the average premium in Pennsylvania being $1,363, drivers could cut their rates by approximately $686 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t want to take the time to go online and compare rates.
How to find cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Pittsburgh
The easiest way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to compare prices once a year from companies in Pennsylvania. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what is in your policy and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as at-fault accidents and your credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for additional tips to lower rates and get additional discounts.
- Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper Montego coverage is available. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. As soon as you can, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the absolute best price available on Mercury Montego insurance in Pittsburgh.
Which Mercury Montego insurance is cheapest in Pittsburgh?
Finding a lower price on Mercury Montego insurance is not rocket science. You just need to take time comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rates online that it takes the place of having to drive to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Mercury Montego insurance rate quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the trained guidance of a local Pittsburgh agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to get the lowest quotes online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Pennsylvania. If you want cheap car insurance in PA, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Montego, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Mercury at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Montego outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don’t overlook these Mercury Montego insurance discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts to help offset the cost. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your bill.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give lower prices if you buy some life insurance too.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies provide a small discount shop Pittsburgh car insurance on the internet.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Montego may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Montego insurance policy. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving class could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will lower your policy premiums.
Insurance companies that possibly offer most of these discounts include:
If you want affordable Mercury Montego insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be offered in Pittsburgh. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Local agents and insurance
Some people would rather go talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Pittsburgh who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best provider requires more thought than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an provider that can be trusted to adequately provide insurance. Just keep in mind you are able to terminate coverage when you choose so don’t assume you are locked into any specific company for the full term.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing your policy, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your auto insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Should I rate my Mercury Montego as pleasure use or commute?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
As you restructure your insurance plan, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone dropped full coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some insurance companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents. Discount Mercury Montego insurance can be bought both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Mercury Montego insurance in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
How to buy lower priced Mercury Montego insurance in Pittsburgh
The preferred way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Pennsylvania. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic violations and a negative credit history can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and determine if cheaper Montego coverage is available in Pittsburgh. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Seniors in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)