Sadly, 70% of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Pittsburgh could pocket $690 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
The most effective way to find discount Mitsubishi Mirage insurance in Pittsburgh is to start comparing prices regularly from companies in Pennsylvania.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like traffic citations and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article provides additional ideas to help find cheaper rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give notification to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Immediately put the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and a better comparison of the market.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Pittsburgh auto insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Pittsburgh Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates when compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one insurance company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Mirage insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their car insurance company to spy on where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Multi-line Discount – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give better car insurance rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government may reduce rates when you quote Pittsburgh auto insurance depending on your company.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
To see companies that offer some of these discounts in Pittsburgh, click here to view.
To get cheaper Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rates from many car insurance companies in Pennsylvania. The best method to compare rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes will enable you to find the best price.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in Pittsburgh, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How Your Mirage Insurance Costs are Determined
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can help you get big savings. Many factors are considered when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
- Does your job raise your premiums? – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like judges, business owners, and medical professionals generally have higher rates than the rest of us in part from stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, careers such as actors, historians and retirees receive lower rates.
- Rates increase with driving citations – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even one speeding ticket or other violation can bump up the cost substantially. Drivers with license-revoking tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Vehicle features impact rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
- Bad credit hurts insurance costs – An insured’s credit rating is a large factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Mitsubishi Mirage by improving your credit score. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time when buying auto insurance. Coverages for personal injury protection, towing, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Costs may be higher where you live – Living in a small town may provide you with better prices when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. City drivers regularly have more auto accidents and longer commute times. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
- Costs also based on gender – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders are in fender benders in similar percentages, but the men have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Young males are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Insurance losses for a Mitsubishi Mirage – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher losses will have a higher premium rate. The next table shows the loss history for Mitsubishi Mirage vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
Mitsubishi Mirage Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mitsubishi Mirage 135 108 119 215 242 159BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheaper premium rates and also buy local. And supporting small agencies is definitely important in Pittsburgh.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to leave your house because prices are sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
What types of auto insurance agents are in Pittsburgh?
If you need to find a good Pittsburgh insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agencies in Pittsburgh are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include a couple of independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Shown below are independent agents in Pittsburgh who may provide free rate quotes.
- Rodgers Andrew F Insurance Agency Inc
Foster Plaza V, 651 Holiday Dr – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 922-1651 – View Map
- Hurley Insurance Brokers
3508 Fifth Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15213 – (412) 682-6100 – View Map
- Ron Dunn Insurance Agency, LLC
124 Ingram Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 922-1126 – View Map
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes use the same agent mainly due to the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below are Pittsburgh exclusive agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Darla Zeli – State Farm Insurance Agent
2513 E Carson St – Pittsburgh, PA 15203 – (412) 431-7166 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
9026 St Simon Way – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 364-7170 – View Map
- Lindsay Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
300 Cedar Blvd #205 – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (412) 344-3030 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- How are they compensated?
Protect your Mitsubishi vehicle and other assets
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mitsubishi Mirage in Pittsburgh, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mirage has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Mitsubishi at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects not only your Mitsubishi but also your assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Mitsubishi gets damaged, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. As of last year, the average driver in Pennsylvania is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Pennsylvania auto insurance companies
Picking a good quality car insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices there are in Pennsylvania. The information displayed below can help you analyze which providers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Erie Insurance
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Cover all your bases
A few companies may not offer online rate quotes and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agencies. Discount Mitsubishi Mirage insurance can be found from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best selection.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Traverse? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)