It’s shocking but 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and almost half have never shopped around. Consumers in the U.S. could pocket approximately $860 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find affordable quotes for Nissan 370Z insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers in Pittsburgh.
- Gain an understanding of how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and bad credit can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for more information to lower rates and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that making a lot of price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates. Some companies don’t provide price estimates online, so it’s important to also get price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Pittsburgh, PA, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Nissan 370Z coverage analysis
The table displayed next covers estimates of rate quotes for Nissan 370Z models. Having knowledge of how insurance prices are formulated can be of help when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$274||$680||$390||$24||$116||$1,484||$124|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$306||$680||$346||$20||$104||$1,456||$121|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$306||$770||$390||$24||$116||$1,606||$134|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$306||$680||$346||$20||$104||$1,456||$121|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$306||$858||$390||$24||$116||$1,694||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can affect prices considerably.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Nissan 370Z premium costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Safe drivers pay less for insurance
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims raise Nissan 370Z car insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premiums are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Nissan 370Z liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Nissan 370Z auto insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no specific rule to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Nissan 370Z replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, you would only receive $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Choosing the best Nissan vehicle insurance in Pennsylvania is an important decision
Even though Pittsburgh 370Z insurance rates can get expensive, buying car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your 370Z has a loan, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves your Nissan and your assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your Nissan gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your 370Z definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays more than $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Nissan 370Z insurance in Pittsburgh
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or former government employment may qualify for a discount when you quote Pittsburgh car insurance depending on your company.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small discount on rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a qualifying organization could trigger savings when getting a Pittsburgh car insurance quote.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Pittsburgh can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child take driver’s ed class in school.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky. But all discounts will reduce your policy cost.
The diagram below compares Nissan 370Z auto insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
For a list of insurance companies who offer free Nissan 370Z insurance quotes in Pittsburgh, click here to view.
What if I want to buy from local Pittsburgh insurance agents?
Many drivers just want to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Pittsburgh that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Pittsburgh?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- How long has the business existed?
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
If you want a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents in Pittsburgh are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are Pittsburgh exclusive agents who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rates, you will want to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following are Pittsburgh independent insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
Upon receiving positive responses to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that will service your policy.
How to find a good Pittsburgh car insurance company
Ending up with the highest-rated company can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Pennsylvania. The company rank data in the lists below can help you choose which companies you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Erie Insurance
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Pennsylvania?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the normal coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses, doctor visits, surgery and dental work. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and theft. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your 370Z caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your 370Z to bring the cost down.
Liability car insurance – This provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as emergency aid, bail bonds, loss of income and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford. Pennsylvania requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
One last note
Budget-conscious Nissan 370Z insurance is possible from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Nissan 370Z insurance rates in Pittsburgh. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Ride Shares in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)