It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who shop around for better prices will probably switch auto insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent auto insurance study discovered that people who compared rates annually saved an average of $70 a month compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to shop and compare car insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
The best way we recommend to save on auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Pennsylvania.
- Step 1: Read and learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and bad credit can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Titan XD insurance in Pittsburgh. If you find a better price, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Pittsburgh is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you have car insurance now, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the techniques covered below. Although Pennsylvania car owners benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium and use it to your advantage.
To find the best auto insurance rates, there are several ways to get quotes from lots of Pennsylvania auto insurance companies. By far the easiest way to compare rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
When comparison shopping, making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding a lower rate. Some smaller insurers do not give online price quotes, so you also need to get price estimates from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in PA, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Nissan Titan XD insurance in Pittsburgh
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every discount available very well, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Pittsburgh car insurance online.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- E-sign – Some car insurance companies will give you a small discount get Pittsburgh car insurance on the internet.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- State Farm includes discounts for good student, multiple policy, student away at school, passive restraint, anti-theft, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including easy pay, accident-free, family plan, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, multi-policy, and business or organization.
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, driver training, anti-theft, daytime running lights, defensive driver, and membership and employees.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, good student, pay-in-full, multi-policy, anti-theft, education and occupation, and AAA membership discount.
- 21st Century has savings for 55 and older, driver training, anti-lock brakes, early bird, and air bags.
- The Hartford may include discounts for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your state. To locate providers that offer some of these discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Pittsburgh insurance agency
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Pittsburgh car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Pittsburgh should have no problem answering these questions:
- How are claims handled?
- Is there a local claims center in Pittsburgh?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Pittsburgh?
If you’re trying to find a good Pittsburgh insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Pittsburgh can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
These agents can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Pittsburgh that can give you comparison quotes.
- Mike Dudenas – State Farm Insurance Agent
901 Castle Shannon Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 561-5012 – View Map
- Joy Capozzi – State Farm Insurance Agent
3111 Banksville Rd #207 – Pittsburgh, PA 15216 – (412) 344-3014 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
9026 St Simon Way – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 364-7170 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing insurance prices, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are Pittsburgh independent agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Barry Lumsden
600 Grant St – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 415-1954 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Joshua Michael Dott Agency
513 Towne Square Way – Pittsburgh, PA 15227 – (412) 927-2400 – View Map
- MADIA INSURANCE AGENCY INC
9370 McKnight Rd #300A – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 367-9200 – View Map
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Many different elements are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. Part of the insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in cheaper rates.
The list below includes a few of the things that factor into your rate level.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders get in at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Use one insurance company and save – Lots of insurance companies apply lower prices to people who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Having an address in areas with lower population is a good thing when talking about insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages that can add up on your Titan XD policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if you’ve never needed them in the past remove them from your policy.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – How you drive has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Having just one citation can boost insurance rates substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers unfortunate enough to have careless violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Save money by having excellent credit – Your credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. Insureds with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your Nissan Titan XD if you improve your credit rating.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like real estate brokers, architects, and miners generally have higher average rates because of intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers such as farmers, historians and the unemployed get better rates.
- Don’t cut corners with liability protection – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Why you need insurance for your Nissan vehicle
Even though Pittsburgh Titan XD insurance rates can get expensive, buying insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Titan XD, most lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves not only your Nissan but also your assets. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Pittsburgh is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Persistent drivers can save
Cost effective Nissan Titan XD insurance is available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Pittsburgh car insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented many ways to shop for Nissan Titan XD insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Pittsburgh car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest auto insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Teachers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Seniors in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)