We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest price will presumably buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent survey discovered that consumers who regularly shopped around saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance is your target objective, then having an understanding of how to get rate quotes and compare car insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
Truthfully, the best way to get affordable Chevy Cruze insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Pittsburgh.
- Take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like speeding and your credit history can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from many different companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
One important bit of advice is to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best rate selection.
Finding affordable coverage in Pittsburgh is not that difficult. Just about every car owner who carries insurance most likely will find better rates. But Pennsylvania consumers do need to learn the way insurance companies determine how much to charge and apply this information to your search.
How You Can Control Chevy Cruze Insurance Rates
Many different elements are considered when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate prices.
Married people drive safer – Getting married can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Marriage generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Lower auto insurance rates with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder car theft.
Lower rates for cars with good safety ratings – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If your Chevy earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may cost less to insure.
Save money by having excellent credit – A driver’s credit score factor in determining what you pay. If your credit can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Cruze by repairing your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Proper usage rating affects prices – Driving a lot of miles every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated Cruze may be costing you. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating states annual mileage, because it can save money.
Younger drivers are expensive to insure – Youthful drivers in Pennsylvania have been known to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
Insurance costs and vehicle performance – The performance of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
Chevy Cruze claim probability – Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure. The data below shows the loss history for Chevy Cruze vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together equals 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discount Pittsburgh insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but a few need to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Pittsburgh car insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Onboard Data Collection – Pittsburgh drivers who agree to allow their company to spy on where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with several vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some insurance carriers give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
To view insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Which car insurance company is best in Pittsburgh?
Picking the top car insurance company can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Pennsylvania. The company rank data below may help you select which companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Erie Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- American Family
- State Farm
- Erie Insurance
One last thing to lower rates
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Some auto insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents. Cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance in Pittsburgh can be purchased online in addition to many Pittsburgh insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to shop for Chevy Cruze insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Active Military in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)