If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from companies who sell insurance in Pittsburgh. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Read about car insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Pittsburgh. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
It’s well known that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Insureds who do rate comparisons are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding a lower rate. A survey found that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $860 a year compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If saving the most money on Dodge Durango insurance in Pittsburgh is your target objective, then learning about how to get rate quotes and compare cheaper coverage can help make the process easier.
Finding cheaper Pittsburgh car insurance prices can be surprisingly simple. Consumers just need to take a few minutes to compare rates from online providers.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Pennsylvania. To buy cheap car insurance in Pittsburgh, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Cut your auto insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the below list has some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious auto insurance savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are just wasting money.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Pittsburgh auto insurance quote.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Pittsburgh auto insurance quote than their less cautious counterparts.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the premium cost.
Companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- American Family offers discounts including good driver, multi-vehicle, accident-free, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- Farm Bureau discounts include driver training, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, multi-policy, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, multiple policy, good student, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- Travelers offers discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, save driver, good student, student away at school, and new car.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- GEICO has savings for five-year accident-free, anti-theft, multi-policy, air bags, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your area. To choose providers with significant discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Six Tips to Get Lower-cost Pittsburgh Insurance Rates
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the factors that go into determining your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get better auto insurance rates.
The following are just a few of the factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance premiums – The performance of the car or truck you drive makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce rates – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Advanced theft deterrents such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all help stop auto theft.
- Married drivers get better rates – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
- Liability safeguards assets – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage in the event that you are found liable for an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Safer cars lower auto insurance rates – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Fewer miles means better prices – The more miles you rack up on your Dodge every year the higher your rates will be. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars that do not get driven very much cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage. Incorrect rating for your Durango can result in significantly higher rates.
Loss probability for a Dodge Durango – Companies analyze past claim statistics to help determine the rate you pay. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Dodge Durango vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Dodge Durango Vehicles Specific Dodge Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD 88 110 91 104 90 100 Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD 90 115 97 92 93 102BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years