Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy high-priced Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Pittsburgh? Don’t feel bad because there are many Pittsburgh drivers thinking the same thing.
Sadly, most auto insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Pennsylvania drivers could save an average of nearly 55% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
How to buy affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Pittsburgh
Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper Fiat 124 Spider insurance is to compare quotes annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Pittsburgh. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Pittsburgh. If you can save money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you can, place your new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
A key point to remember is to compare identical coverages on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
You have so many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, more options can take longer to find the lowest cost provider for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Pittsburgh.
Discounts for cheaper car insurance quotes
Car insurance is expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before they will apply.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when getting a Pittsburgh car insurance quote.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few car insurance companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current 124 Spider insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Student Discounts – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Pittsburgh car insurance quote. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow driving data collection to track driving habits by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on your computer.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few companies who may offer some of the discounts shown above include:
Double check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Pittsburgh, click here to view.
Finding a better price on car insurance can be surprisingly simple. You just have to take a few minutes comparing rates from some recommended companies.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. Buying insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you require the trained advice that only an agent can give. Drivers can price shop your coverage online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. To buy cheap auto insurance in Pittsburgh, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance agent or online?
Many people still like to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from neighborhood agents is definitely important in Pittsburgh.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies through many companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a list of independent agents in Pittsburgh who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Crawford Insurance Agency
11743 Frankstown Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15235 – (412) 244-8888 – View Map
Liberty Insurance Agency
1910 Cochran Rd #800 – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 571-5700 – View Map
Nalley Insurance Agency LLC
3349 Babcock Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 366-5223 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Pittsburgh willing to provide price quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Thomas Bianco
1154 Freeport Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15238 – (412) 967-7655 – View Map
Chad Gregorini – State Farm Insurance Agent
7 Brilliant Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15215 – (412) 784-8855 – View Map
Eric Morris – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 Babcock Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15209 – (412) 821-0225 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency should depend on more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Is there a local claims center in Pittsburgh?
After you get reasonable responses to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
Best car insurance in Pennsylvania
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices there are in Pennsylvania. The information shown below can help you decide which coverage providers to look at purchasing a policy from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
You just read a lot of information how to get a better price on Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from an unexpected company. Regional companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
How to find affordable quotes for Fiat 124 Spider insurance in Pittsburgh
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find more affordable Fiat 124 Spider insurance is to compare quotes once a year from providers in Pittsburgh.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use identical coverage information on each quote request and and to analyze as many companies as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Car Insurance for a Nissan Versa? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)