The easiest way to get more affordable Hyundai Veloster insurance is to annually compare prices from companies in Pittsburgh. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Read about car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a good representation of prices.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who shop around for a cheaper policy are very likely to buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved over $3,500 over four years compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is your ultimate target, then having some insight into how to quote and compare insurance rates can make the process more efficient.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Premiums
Many things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but some are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand some of the things that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower car insurance prices.
- Save miles and save money – The more miles you rack up on your Hyundai in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your Veloster can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a smart idea to ensure your policy shows the right rating data.
- Do you really need the add-on coverages? – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that may not really be needed on your Veloster policy. Things like rental car coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- How old are your drivers? – Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be less responsible when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The type of car you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Insurance loss statistics a Hyundai Veloster – Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that have higher number or severity of losses will have higher premium rates.
The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Hyundai Veloster vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Hyundai Veloster Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Veloster 109 112 88 112 129 116 Hyundai Veloster Turbo 116 87 104 98 89 101BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money on Hyundai Veloster insurance in Pittsburgh with these auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Paper-free Discount – A few companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on the internet.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better rates if you take out a life policy as well.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow their company to spy on when and where they use their vehicle remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Pittsburgh Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will cut the premium cost.
Car insurance companies that have these benefits are:
If you need inexpensive Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Pittsburgh, click here.
Ratings for Pennsylvania car insurance companies
Finding a good quality company can be a challenge considering how many choices there are in Pittsburgh. The rank data shown below could help you choose which providers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Erie Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
Affordable car insurance rates are out there
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Hyundai Veloster insurance auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with an unexpected company. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Some insurance providers may not provide online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. Discount Hyundai Veloster insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Pittsburgh, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional information is available below:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)