It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop around for cheaper rates are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who make a habit of shopping around saved over $72 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If saving money on auto insurance is your objective, then learning about how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance premiums can save time and make the process easier.
The preferred way to find better pricing on Kia Soul EV insurance in Pittsburgh is to annually compare prices from different companies who can sell car insurance in Pennsylvania.
- First, read about how car insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices for a wide range of companies. View rates
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A valuable tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
If you’re already insured or want to find a cheaper company, you will benefit by learning to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Obtaining price quotes for the best coverage in Pittsburgh is actually quite simple. Smart buyers only have to learn the most time-saving way to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
Best companies for affordable Kia Soul EV insurance in Pennsylvania
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Pennsylvania. To locate cheap car insurance in Pittsburgh, PA, it’s a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Affordable Pittsburgh insurance quotes with discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise the entire discount list very well, so the below list has a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Pittsburgh auto insurance online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower prices if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as Progressive, State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Resident Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your insurance provider.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
Don’t be surprised that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your policy cost.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, anti-theft, driver’s education, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, good student, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and seat belt use.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has savings for anti-lock brakes, homeowners, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, good student, and student driver.
- American Family has discounts for early bird, Steer into Savings, good student, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- The Hartford discounts include good student, vehicle fuel type, bundle, defensive driver, anti-theft, and air bag.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, education and occupation, pay-in-full, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts may not be available in Pittsburgh. For a list of insurers who offer free Kia Soul EV insurance quotes in Pittsburgh, follow this link.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Good agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agents is important especially in Pittsburgh.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Pittsburgh who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent directly to you. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Smart shoppers get results
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Some auto insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Lower-priced Kia Soul EV insurance in Pittsburgh can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Pittsburgh agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
You just learned a lot of ways to shop for Kia Soul EV insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company.
More information is located on the following sites:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)