Want to learn how to save money and find more competitive Kia Stinger insurance in Pittsburgh? Being forced to pay for high-priced car insurance premiums can overdraw your checking account and possibly require you to analyze your spending habits. Shopping your coverage around can be a smart way to lower your monthly bill.
Unbelievably, nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for more than four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Pennsylvania could save themselves as much as $686 a year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes.
Steps to buying low-cost Kia Stinger insurance in Pittsburgh
Truthfully, the best way to find low-cost Kia Stinger insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies who sell auto insurance in Pittsburgh.
- First, get a basic knowledge of coverages and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides instructions to prevent high prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Lots of insurers contend for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to find the absolute best price available on Kia Stinger insurance in Pittsburgh.
Companies offering low-cost Kia Stinger price quotes in Pittsburgh, PA
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Pennsylvania. To buy cheap auto insurance in Pittsburgh, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Pittsburgh auto insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and also the lesser-known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small discount on rates.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new Stinger can get you a discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
A quick disclaimer, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, good driver, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, anti-theft, and multiple policy.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Allstate has discounts for economy car, defensive driver, eSmart discount, premier discount, and good payer.
- Nationwide offers discounts including defensive driving, multi-policy, business or organization, accident-free, easy pay, good student, and family plan.
- MetLife offers discounts for good student, defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To see companies with the best Kia Stinger insurance discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Car insurance is available from agents near you
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
By using this simple form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Pittsburgh who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Pittsburgh?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you want to use a reliable agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Both can handle car insurance, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents work for only one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Below are Pittsburgh exclusive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Corey Griffith – State Farm Insurance Agent
1143 S Braddock Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15218 – (412) 241-1178 – View Map
GEICO Insurance Agent
9026 St Simon Way – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 364-7170 – View Map
Michael Dear State Farm
2632 Brownsville Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15227 – (412) 884-9700 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent agents do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are Pittsburgh independent agents who can help you get comparison quotes.
McGroarty and Bradburn Insurance
4175 Steubenville Pike – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 444-4470 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Swenson Insurance Inc
234 Shady Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15206 – (412) 362-8340 – View Map
Ron Dunn Insurance Agency, LLC
124 Ingram Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 922-1126 – View Map
Find cheap car insurance prices by comparing often
We just presented many ways to get a better price on Kia Stinger insurance in Pittsburgh. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. They often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Kia Stinger insurance in Pittsburgh
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get the cheapest Kia Stinger insurance in Pittsburgh is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in Pennsylvania. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to understand how companies set rates and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Pittsburgh. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new coverage. Don’t forget to put the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and to quote with every company you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Young Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Kia Forte in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Pittsburgh Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)