Finding cheaper insurance for a Lexus HS 250h in Pennsylvania could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for your Lexus and get the lowest price either online or from Pittsburgh insurance agents.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Just because you had the best rates on Lexus HS 250h insurance in Pittsburgh last year other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the proper way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Cheap auto insurance in Pittsburgh, PA
The following companies provide quotes in Pennsylvania. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Pittsburgh, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Lexus HS 250h insurance rate analysis
The information shown next highlights detailed analysis of coverage prices for Lexus HS 250h models. Being aware of how premiums are formulated can be useful when making smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|HS 250H 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$680||$316||$18||$94||$1,414||$118|
|HS 250H Premium 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$680||$316||$18||$94||$1,414||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact price quotes substantially.
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Lexus HS 250h premium costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in Pittsburgh
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can affect Lexus HS 250h insurance prices for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums
The chart below shows the comparison of Lexus HS 250h car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The information below shows the difference between Lexus HS 250h yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no specific rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Lexus HS 250h claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $300 a year to have full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Get discounts on Pittsburgh insurance
Some insurers don’t list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Having multiple cars on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Signing – Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in school.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Lexus HS 250h car insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that may have some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in Pittsburgh.
Car insurance quotes from local Pittsburgh insurance agencies
A small number of people would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is OK! Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find better rates and still have a local agent.
By using this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to participating agents in Pittsburgh that provide free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency because prices are sent to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How long has their agency been in business in Pittsburgh?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
If you would like to find a local Pittsburgh insurance agency, you should know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Drivers often buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Shown below are Pittsburgh exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Chad Gregorini – State Farm Insurance Agent
7 Brilliant Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15215 – (412) 784-8855 – View Map
- Corey Griffith – State Farm Insurance Agent
1143 S Braddock Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15218 – (412) 241-1178 – View Map
- Tad Paterra – State Farm Insurance Agent
984 Greentree Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 922-2622 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Pittsburgh that can give you price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Swenson Insurance Inc
234 Shady Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15206 – (412) 362-8340 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Barry Lumsden
600 Grant St – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 415-1954 – View Map
- Hurley Insurance Brokers
3508 Fifth Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15213 – (412) 682-6100 – View Map
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
People leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, poor customer service or unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
More affordable insurance in Pittsburgh can be found online and also from your neighborhood Pittsburgh agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can find cheaper Lexus HS 250h insurance in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lexus HS 250h insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
Steps to finding more affordable Lexus HS 250h insurance in Pittsburgh
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get more affordable Lexus HS 250h insurance in Pittsburgh is to regularly compare price quotes from different companies who provide car insurance in Pennsylvania. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a poor credit rating can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
An important part of this process is to try to use identical coverage information on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
More detailed insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Nissan Sentra in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Lyft Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)