Finding affordable Pittsburgh Subaru BRZ insurance quotes might appear somewhat intimidating for consumers who are new to comparing and buying auto insurance on the web. Because there are so many insurance companies available, how are consumers able to possibly compare every company to locate the best price?
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest rate will presumably buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a cheaper policy. A study showed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved about $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance in Pittsburgh is your goal, then learning a little about how to compare car insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons every six months because rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the lowest rate on Subaru BRZ insurance in Pittsburgh on your last policy there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the best methods to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Pittsburgh
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help determine your insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
Listed below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine your prices.
Save money with excellent credit – Credit rating is a big factor in determining your rates. If your credit is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Subaru BRZ if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Increase comp and collision deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Can a thief steal your car? – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Premiums may be lower depending on your vocation – Careers like real estate brokers, social workers, and stock brokers tend to pay higher average rates in part from high stress levels and long work days. On the flip side, jobs such as actors, athletes and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
Claims statistics for a Subaru BRZ – Car insurance companies use historical loss data when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that have high amounts or severity of claims will be charged more to insure.
The data below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Subaru BRZ vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cover all your bases
Lower-priced insurance in Pittsburgh is attainable online and with local Pittsburgh insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for insurance, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to finding cheaper Subaru BRZ insurance in Pittsburgh
The best way we recommend to find discount auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Pennsylvania. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as careless driving and your credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if cheaper BRZ coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Fourth, notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. When you receive it, place your new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to point out is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze every insurance company. This ensures a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)