Sadly, most car insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never shopped around. Pennsylvania consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they assume it’s a waste of time to find lower-cost car insurance rates.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get the cheapest Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Pittsburgh is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Pennsylvania. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates like multiple speeding tickets and poor credit can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to help keep rates affordable and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is that you use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have a current car insurance policy or just want to save money, you can use these techniques to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Pittsburgh is not rocket science. Consumers just have to know the best way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Pittsburgh is to know most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to quote your coverage. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a little information like how much education you have, if you’re married, level of coverage desired, and if a SR-22 is required. That rating information is then sent to many different companies and you should receive rate quotes almost instantly.
To compare rates for your Volkswagen Beetle now, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Pittsburgh, PA. In order to find cheap car insurance in Pittsburgh, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance data for a Volkswagen Beetle
The rate table displayed below showcases detailed analysis of rate quotes for Volkswagen Beetle models. Knowing how insurance rates are established can help guide drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$132||$264||$286||$16||$86||$784||$65|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$172||$312||$222||$14||$66||$786||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location which can modify premium rates noticeably.
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Volkswagen Beetle premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Discounts can help lower rates on Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Pittsburgh
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be significant discounts to help bring down the price. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Defensive Driving Course – Participating in a driver safety class could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- No Accidents – Pittsburgh drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Pittsburgh auto insurance depending on your company.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new Beetle may earn a small discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle car insurance rates with and without discounts. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century has discounts for early bird, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, homeowners, air bags, and theft prevention.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, defensive driving training, good driver, and driver’s education.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, anti-theft, pay-in-full, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include hybrid vehicle, new move discount, newly retired, preferred payment discount, multi-policy, and exclusive group savings.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
It’s a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your state. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Pittsburgh, click here to view.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Beetle in Pittsburgh, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Volkswagen with a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Volkswagen. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $855 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to save money.
Auto insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Certain consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just the premium amount. A good agent in Pittsburgh will have answers to these questions.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How long has their agency been in business in Pittsburgh?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Pittsburgh?
- Who are their largest clients?
If you are wanting to find an insurance agent, there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s important to point out how they are different since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Pittsburgh willing to provide rate quotes.
Jack Dumbaugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1236 Grove Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 884-8100 – View Map
Joy Capozzi – State Farm Insurance Agent
3111 Banksville Rd #207 – Pittsburgh, PA 15216 – (412) 344-3014 – View Map
Mike Dudenas – State Farm Insurance Agent
901 Castle Shannon Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 561-5012 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you will want to contact at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
The following is a list of independent agents in Pittsburgh that can give you rate quotes.
Crawford Insurance Agency
11743 Frankstown Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15235 – (412) 244-8888 – View Map
Insurance Consultants Of Pittsburgh
300 Mt Lebanon Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 344-2800 – View Map
A For the People Insurance Agency, Inc.
2514 Wylie Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 621-5581 – View Map