If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to compare prices annually from insurers that sell auto insurance in Pennsylvania. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about how insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like inattentive driving and an imperfect credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover the details to lower rates and get bigger discounts.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Montana insurance. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Don’t forget to keep the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use identical coverages on each price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of insurance customers kept buying from the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Pittsburgh insurance shoppers could save an average of roughly $686 each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t believe the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Pittsburgh is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, use these techniques to find the best rates without reducing protection. Drivers only need an understanding of the best way to compare different rates on the web.
Companies offering competitive Pontiac Montana rates in Pittsburgh, PA
The companies in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. In order to find cheaper car insurance in Pittsburgh, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes
Some insurance providers don’t list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Pittsburgh auto insurance online.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Pittsburgh auto insurance quote in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Montana insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military can result in better rates.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
Just know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To choose providers that offer discounts in Pittsburgh, click here to view.
There’s no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When selecting proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if you could use an agent’s help.
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is my Pontiac Montana covered for smoke damage?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people would prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Most agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is emailed to participating agents in Pittsburgh that can provide free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking a provider requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How are they compensated?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Pittsburgh may be either independent or exclusive. Both can provide car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can impact your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Pittsburgh willing to provide price quote information.
- John Cosey – State Farm Insurance Agent
5869 Forbes Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15217 – (412) 521-7070 – View Map
- Tad Paterra – State Farm Insurance Agent
984 Greentree Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 922-2622 – View Map
- Lindsay Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
300 Cedar Blvd #205 – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (412) 344-3030 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you get rate quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most can insure with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Pittsburgh that are able to give comparison quotes.
- D Johnson Insurance Agency
12806 Frankstown Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15235 – (412) 744-4800 – View Map
- Kelly Insurance Group
700 River Ave # 433 – Pittsburgh, PA 15212 – (412) 325-1650 – View Map
- Celik Insurance Agency Inc.
2407 Mt Troy Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15212 – (412) 323-9300 – View Map
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
Discount Pontiac Montana insurance in Pittsburgh is definitely available online in addition to many Pittsburgh insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. A few companies may not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.
We just showed you many ways to lower your Pontiac Montana insurance rates in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for High School Students in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)