It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper Pontiac Solstice insurance in Pittsburgh is to compare prices at least once a year from providers who provide auto insurance in Pennsylvania.
First, spend some time learning about how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many factors that cause high rates like getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article provides the details to prevent rate hikes and find missing discounts.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. Make sure you keep the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who compare other prices are inclined to switch companies because there is a good probability of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared prices once a year saved $3,400 over four years compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price on auto insurance in Pittsburgh is why you’re reading this, then having a good understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can help you succeed in saving money.
The intent of this article is to teach you a little about the best methods to compare rates and some tips to save money. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using these methods. But Pennsylvania vehicle owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from many available auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania. The fastest way to compare Pontiac Solstice insurance prices is to jump online and get quotes.
It’s so simple to compare auto insurance rate quotes online replaces the need to drive around to different Pittsburgh agent offices. The ability to quote Pontiac Solstice insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the trained guidance of a local agency. However, consumers can get the lowest quotes online but buy from a local insurance agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. To buy cheaper auto insurance in PA, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the most competitive price.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Pittsburgh, paying for car insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Pontiac Solstice, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Pontiac for a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays as much as $800 each year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Pontiac Solstice insurance in Pittsburgh
Insurance is expensive, but companies offer discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Good Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Government Employee Discount – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% depending on your insurance provider.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Early Signing – A few companies give discounts for switching policies early. You could save around 10% when you buy Pittsburgh auto insurance online.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow companies to track vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Solstice can cost up to 25% less since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, switch companies, bundle discounts, youthful driver, multi-car, mature driver, and homeowner.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, anti-theft, good student, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for safety features, newly married, preferred payment discount, new graduate, multi-car, and exclusive group savings.
- MetLife may include discounts for good driver, good student, accident-free, claim-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
When getting free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To see a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Pennsylvania car insurance company ratings
Choosing a highly-rated company can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Pittsburgh. The company information in the next section may help you select which auto insurance companies to look at comparing price quotes from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies