It’s shocking but about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for over three years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in Pittsburgh can save nearly 55% each year, but they just don’t understand the benefits if they bought a different policy.
The best way we recommend to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Pennsylvania.
- Read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that increase rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit score can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Most major insurance companies allow consumers to get price estimates directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Honda CR-Z insurance in Pittsburgh is pretty painless as you simply enter your required coverages into a form. After you complete the form, their system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price based on the information you submitted.
Quoting online for Honda CR-Z insurance in Pittsburgh streamlines rate comparisons, and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to find a better rate.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate the coverage information exactly as shown on your declarations page. This guarantees you will receive rate quotes for exact coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the cheapest rates.
Cheaper Honda CR-Z insurance rates in Pittsburgh
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Pittsburgh Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Paper-free Discount – A few insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the internet.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for alternative fuel, business and professional, multi-car, youthful driver, pay in full, and mature driver.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, youthful driver, 55 and retired, and driver training.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, anti-theft, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, membership and employees, good student, military active duty, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for good student, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, teen driver discount, and new graduate.
When comparing rates, check with each company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state. To choose providers offering car insurance discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Honda CR-Z Insurance
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may result in lower insurance prices. Many factors are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by companies to determine premiums.
You might want pay the small insurance claims yourself – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you should expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Pennsylvania award better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Women tend to be lower risk – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes get in fender benders at about the same rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also receive more costly citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Liability insurance is critical – Liability insurance provides coverage if ever you are responsible for an accident. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Infrequent drivers can save – The more you drive your Honda annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that do not get driven very much cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your policy states how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your CR-Z may be costing you higher rates.
Insure car and home with the same company – The majority of insurers allow discounts to people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may save even more than the discount by buying insurance from a different company.
Don’t cancel your insurance policy without a new one in place – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse will be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage may earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may need to file a SR-22 with the Pennsylvania motor vehicle department.
Insurance losses for a Honda CR-Z – Insurance companies use past insurance losses when they file their rates in each state. Models that tend to have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Honda CR-Z vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda CR-Z Hybrid||106||87||83||98|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years