Comparison shopping for low cost Honda S2000 insurance in Pittsburgh can seem to be nearly impossible for people new to comparing prices online. Drivers have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can quickly become a burden to find the perfect company for you.
How to quote cheaper Honda S2000 insurance in Pittsburgh
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to do an annual price comparison from companies who can sell car insurance in Pennsylvania.
First, try to understand car insurance and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher prices like traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives more ideas to lower rates and find overlooked discounts.
Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Find a Pittsburgh insurance agent
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper S2000 coverage is available in Pittsburgh. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to your new agent or company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Sadly, over 70% of drivers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in Pennsylvania could save $700 a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
When shopping for affordable Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from all the different companies. The fastest way to find cheaper rates is to get quotes online.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more prices helps locate lower pricing.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Pennsylvania. To locate cheap auto insurance in Pittsburgh, PA, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Why you need S2000 insurance in Pennsylvania
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Pittsburgh, buying auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your S2000 with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Honda and your assets. It will also cover medical bills for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Pennsylvania overpays as much as $700 annually so compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies don’t always advertise every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a Pittsburgh auto insurance quote.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will turn a blind eye to one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure several vehicles on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Pittsburgh, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Pittsburgh car insurance agents?
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Pittsburgh that can give you free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking a provider should include more criteria than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Pittsburgh?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
The difference between Pittsburgh auto insurance agents
If you need to find a good Pittsburgh insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Pittsburgh willing to provide comparison quotes.
- David Masters – State Farm Insurance Agent
1900 Murray Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15217 – (412) 422-1616 – View Map
- Mike Dudenas – State Farm Insurance Agent
901 Castle Shannon Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 561-5012 – View Map
- Donna Fleming – State Farm Insurance Agent
11203 Frankstown Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15235 – (412) 242-5995 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. A lot of them also have access to smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Pittsburgh who can help you get rate quotes.
- Celik Insurance Agency Inc.
2407 Mt Troy Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15212 – (412) 323-9300 – View Map
- McIlrath Insurance Agency
4601 Clairton Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15236 – (412) 882-9000 – View Map
- A For the People Insurance Agency, Inc.
2514 Wylie Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 621-5581 – View Map
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Honda S2000.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Pennsylvania limits are 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as falling objects, fire damage, hail damage, theft and damage from flooding. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Pennsylvania state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but you should consider buying more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why low liability limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your S2000 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your S2000 to save money on collision insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for funeral costs, prosthetic devices, nursing services, rehabilitation expenses and pain medications. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Honda S2000 insurance in Pittsburgh. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Pittsburgh auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even find the lowest rates come from a small local company.
When getting Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers and even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Steps to saving on Honda S2000 insurance in Pittsburgh
Truthfully, the best way to get more affordable Honda S2000 insurance in Pittsburgh is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Pennsylvania.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper S2000 coverage is available in Pittsburgh. If you can save money and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. Be sure to place your new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional information is available at the links below
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Real Estate Agents in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)