Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop rates annually are very likely to buy a new policy because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with better rates. A survey found that consumers who compared rates regularly saved $3,450 over four years compared to people who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Pittsburgh is your objective, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can save time and money.
The best way to get discount car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Pittsburgh. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, spend some time learning about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and bad credit can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Find a Pittsburgh insurance agent
- Third, compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Pittsburgh. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One bit of advice is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is surprisingly easy. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to all the different Pittsburgh insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Jaguar X-Type insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you require the professional advice of a local agency. Although you can price shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Pennsylvania. In order to find the best car insurance in Pittsburgh, PA, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When selecting a policy, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance agents can help
Many people would rather talk to an insurance agent. Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from local agents is important particularly in Pittsburgh.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Pittsburgh that can give you free Pittsburgh car insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you want to buy insurance from a good Pittsburgh insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they work. Insurance agencies in Pittsburgh can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, we recommend you contact multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Pittsburgh who may be able to give you rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are Pittsburgh exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
Deciding on an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Pittsburgh?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- How are they compensated?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?