Do you want a faster way to compare more affordable auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh, PA? Pittsburgh shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on Cadillac ATS insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Cadillac and find the lowest price from both online companies and Pittsburgh agents.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company’s rates quite often since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best rates on Cadillac ATS insurance in Pittsburgh last year there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the best ways to get good coverage on Cadillac ATS insurance in Pittsburgh at a lower rate.
Don’t neglect these discounts on Cadillac ATS insurance in Pittsburgh
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of quoting, but some discounts are required to be asked for in order for you to get them.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to look at driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Cadillac could qualify for cheaper auto insurance rates.
- Save with a New Car – Putting coverage on a new ATS is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Resident Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Pittsburgh and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Memberships – Being a member of specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can get lower premium rates.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Pittsburgh auto insurance quote.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
To find auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Pennsylvania, click this link.
Finding a lower price on insurance can be relatively painless. The only thing you need to do is invest a few minutes to compare rates to see which company has the cheapest Cadillac ATS rate quotes.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free rate quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Pittsburgh, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
How do Insurers Determine Cadillac ATS Insurance Costs?
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that are used to determine the price you pay for insurance. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
The following are some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
- Your address can impact costs – Living in a rural area is a positive aspect when it comes to insurance. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers have congested traffic and more severe claims. Spending more time driving statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Tickets are costly – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Even a single moving violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Drivers who have received serious violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Small claims can cost you – Car insurance companies in Pennsylvania give the best rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
- Always keep your policy in force – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Claims statistics for a Cadillac ATS – Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates.
The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Cadillac ATS Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Cadillac Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Different people need different insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Compare rates but work with a neighborhood Pittsburgh auto insurance agent
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can find lower auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting small agencies is important especially in Pittsburgh.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area that provide free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Pittsburgh for you
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents in Pittsburgh are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Pittsburgh that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
- Hurley Insurance Brokers
3508 Fifth Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15213 – (412) 682-6100 – View Map
- Joe Vojtas Agency – ERIE Insurance
9800B McKnight Rd #226 – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 847-3743 – View Map
- McElhinny Insurance Agency LLC
5624 Brownsville Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15236 – (412) 650-5700 – View Map
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people use the same agent primarily because of the brand name rather than low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Pittsburgh willing to provide rate quotes.
- Adriana Pasquini – State Farm Insurance Agent
735 Copeland St, FL2, Pittsburgh 15232 – FL2, PA 15232 – (412) 904-1268 – View Map
- Steve Heller – State Farm Insurance Agent
146 Forest Hills Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15221 – (412) 824-4800 – View Map
- Michael Dear State Farm
2632 Brownsville Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15227 – (412) 884-9700 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is there a local claims center in Pittsburgh?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Cadillac ATS in Pittsburgh, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Cadillac ATS, it’s most likely the lender will require that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Cadillac at an extremely high rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Auto insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from a high-quality car insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Pittsburgh. The rank data displayed below may help you choose which coverage providers to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for Cadillac ATS insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When searching for inexpensive Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective Cadillac ATS insurance can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
How to find lower priced Cadillac ATS insurance in Pittsburgh
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to find the cheapest price for Cadillac ATS insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Pittsburgh. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as your driving record and a negative credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing rates and determine if cheaper ATS coverage is available. If you can save money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, safely store the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
One bit of advice is to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for College Students in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)