Do you need a better way to compare low-cost Chevy Bolt insurance in Pittsburgh? Finding the best price on Pittsburgh auto insurance can be complicated if you are one of the many people who have never used online price comparisons. But don’t let that discourage you because using the internet to shop for Chevy Bolt insurance in Pittsburgh is actually quite easy.
How to buy discount Chevy Bolt insurance in Pittsburgh
Really, the only way to get low-cost Chevy Bolt insurance in Pittsburgh is to start comparing prices regularly from providers in Pennsylvania. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Continue reading for additional ideas to prevent high rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An essential thing to point out is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
Unbelievable but true according to a study over 70% of consumers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Pennsylvania drivers could save almost 55% a year, but most undervalue the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy.
It’s a good idea to do rate comparisons quite often since prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest rates on Chevy Bolt insurance in Pittsburgh a year ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn one of the easiest ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Finding affordable coverage in Pittsburgh is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have auto insurance now, you will surely be able to find better prices using the concepts you’re about to learn. Although Pennsylvania vehicle owners benefit from understanding the methods companies use to compete online because it can help you find the best coverage.
These discounts can lower Chevy Bolt insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Bolt can save you some money because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable companies to analyze driving manner by using a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease as long as they are good drivers.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better rates.
- College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, and accident-free.
- American Family may offer discounts for good driver, bundled insurance, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- AAA may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-car, good student, good driver, and education and occupation.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for good student, anti-theft, air bags, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for type of vehicle, low natural disaster claims, age of vehicle, ease of repair, good driver, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for good student, distant student, switch companies, homeowner, and multi-car.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Pittsburgh.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes for Chevy Bolt insurance in Pittsburgh is to know most insurance companies will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give the companies some data such as whether you drive to work or school, coverage limits, any included safety features, and if you went to college. That rating data is instantly submitted to many highly-rated insurers and you will receive price estimates with very little delay.
To find lower affordable Chevy Bolt insurance rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Pittsburgh.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Pittsburgh, PA, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Chevy Bolt Insurance Rates Can Be Lower
Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like your driving record, although others are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility. A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the rating factors that help calculate the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Get better rates after the wedding – Having a wife or husband may save some money on your insurance policy. It usually means you are more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Stay claim-free and lower rates – Companies in Pennsylvania generally give better rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
- Fast cars cost more to insure – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. The best insurance prices are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Companies want multiple policies – Most major insurers will give discounts to buyers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare Chevy Bolt rates in Pittsburgh to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Prices increase with policy add-ons – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Lower prices with alarms and GPS tracking – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
Do I need an insurance agent?
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Pittsburgh who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How long has their agency been open in Pittsburgh?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy insurance from an insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Pittsburgh can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so always compare other rates. These agents receive extensive training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Pittsburgh who can help you get price quotes.
- Jack Dumbaugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1236 Grove Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 884-8100 – View Map
- Paul Lukitsch – State Farm Insurance Agent
200 Fleet St #100 – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 921-2008 – View Map
- Steve Heller – State Farm Insurance Agent
146 Forest Hills Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15221 – (412) 824-4800 – View Map
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Listed below are independent insurance agents in Pittsburgh that can give you price quote information.
- Feeney Insurance Agency
1350 Old Freeport Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15238 – (412) 963-8850 – View Map
- Insurance Consultants Of Pittsburgh
300 Mt Lebanon Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 344-2800 – View Map
- McGroarty and Bradburn Insurance
4175 Steubenville Pike – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 444-4470 – View Map
Why you need quality insurance for your Bolt
Even though it can be expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chevy, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to save money.
Pennsylvania auto insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the best insurance provider can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Pittsburgh. The rank data in the lists below may help you choose which car insurance providers you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 93%
- The Hartford – 93%
- The General – 91%
- Progressive – 90%
- 21st Century – 89%
- USAA – 87%
- Erie Insurance – 87%
- State Farm – 87%
- Travelers – 87%
- Safeco Insurance – 86%
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- The General
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- 21st Century
- Safeco Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Affordable coverage is out there
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More affordable car insurance in Pittsburgh can be bought both online in addition to many Pittsburgh insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, delays in paying claims, policy non-renewal or delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new car insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Steps to finding low-cost Chevy Bolt insurance in Pittsburgh
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find affordable Chevy Bolt insurance in Pittsburgh is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who sell auto insurance in Pennsylvania.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how your policy works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that cause high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit score can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new company or agent. When you receive it, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)