Regrettably, the vast majority of consumers in Pennsylvania have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never shopped around. American insurance shoppers could save 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to compare other rate quotes.
The best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to compare prices once a year from insurers who provide auto insurance in Pennsylvania.
- Spend some time learning about coverages and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and a negative credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives tips to help prevent high rates and find hidden discounts.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Best companies for low-cost Lexus IS 250 insurance in Pennsylvania
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Pennsylvania. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Pittsburgh, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lexus IS 250 detailed coverage information
The information below covers different insurance coverage prices for Lexus IS 250 models. Being able to understand how insurance quotes are determined is important for drivers to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 250 4-Dr Sedan||$290||$638||$288||$18||$86||$1,320||$110|
|IS 250 AWD 4-Dr||$324||$638||$288||$18||$86||$1,354||$113|
|IS 250 C 2-Dr Convertible||$324||$638||$340||$20||$102||$1,424||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect prices greatly.
Safe drivers pay less for insurance
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can raise Lexus IS 250 insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The information below illustrates the comparison of Lexus IS 250 auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Lexus IS 250 liability-only versus full coverage
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Lexus IS 250 insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The premiums assume no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no specific rule for phasing out full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Lexus IS 250 replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year for full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not opt for liability only.
Lower-cost Pittsburgh insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies do not list all possible discounts very well, so the following list contains a few of the more common and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Pittsburgh can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Resident Student – Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Pittsburgh auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the premium cost.
The information below illustrates the difference between Lexus IS 250 auto insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
To choose companies with the best Lexus IS 250 insurance discounts in Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Pittsburgh insurance agents?
Certain consumers still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to agents in your area that can give you free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won’t need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What companies can they write with?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
When finding a good Pittsburgh insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they operate. Agencies in Pittsburgh can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Pittsburgh that can give you rate quotes.
- Lindsay Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
300 Cedar Blvd #205 – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (412) 344-3030 – View Map
- Mike Dudenas – State Farm Insurance Agent
901 Castle Shannon Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 561-5012 – View Map
- Mike Newell – State Farm Insurance Agent
4772 Liberty Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15224 – (412) 621-0600 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent often have affiliation with several companies so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing insurance rates, you will definitely want to get quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. They often place coverage with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Pittsburgh willing to provide rate quotes.
- Hurley Insurance Brokers
3508 Fifth Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15213 – (412) 682-6100 – View Map
- James L Smith Insurance Agency Inc
304 Cochran Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15228 – (800) 701-5909 – View Map
- McElhinny Insurance Agency LLC
5624 Brownsville Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15236 – (412) 650-5700 – View Map
Do the work, save more money
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Some car insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. The cheapest Lexus IS 250 insurance in Pittsburgh is definitely available online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)