The recommended way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from different companies in Pittsburgh. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for more ideas to help keep rates affordable and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources. View rates
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Pittsburgh. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. When you receive it, place the new proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Consumers who shop around for the cheapest rate will most likely switch companies because they have good chances of finding a cheaper policy. A study showed that drivers who compared prices once a year saved over $70 a month compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance is your objective, learning how to find and compare coverage rates can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
If you currently have auto insurance, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Pittsburgh is not rocket science. Nevertheless, Pennsylvania vehicle owners should learn how big insurance companies determine prices because it varies considerably.
Low cost Toyota Tundra insurance prices in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
To find inexpensive Pittsburgh car insurance quotes, there are several ways of comparing rates from lots of Pennsylvania auto insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest Toyota Tundra insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to drive to local Pittsburgh insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the middleman unless you’re the type of person who wants the advice and guidance only provided by licensed Pittsburgh agents. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop your coverage online but buy from a local insurance agent.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that more quotes helps improve the odds of finding lower pricing.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Pittsburgh, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Analysis of Toyota Tundra rates
The data table below highlights different coverage prices for Toyota Tundra models. Learning a little about how auto insurance premiums are established can be of help when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tundra Regular Cab 2WD||$274||$518||$502||$30||$150||$1,474||$123|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 2WD||$314||$630||$502||$30||$150||$1,626||$136|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 2WD||$314||$630||$502||$30||$150||$1,626||$136|
|Tundra Regular Cab 4WD||$354||$630||$502||$30||$150||$1,666||$139|
|Tundra Double Cab 4WD||$354||$630||$502||$30||$150||$1,666||$139|
|Tundra SR/5 Double Cab 4WD||$354||$630||$502||$30||$150||$1,666||$139|
|Tundra Limited Double Cab 2WD||$354||$742||$502||$30||$150||$1,778||$148|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 2WD||$354||$742||$502||$30||$150||$1,778||$148|
|Tundra Limited Crew MAX 4WD||$396||$742||$502||$30||$150||$1,820||$152|
|Tundra SR/5 Crew Max 4WD||$396||$742||$502||$30||$150||$1,820||$152|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in zip code location which can revise insurance rates significantly.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Toyota Tundra insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Toyota Tundra liability rates compared to full coverage
The information below illustrates the difference between Toyota Tundra premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact formula to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Toyota Tundra settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Tundra insurance, buying auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Toyota with a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Toyota gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $869 every year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that are used to determine your car insurance rates. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in better car insurance rates.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Attentive drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Getting just one ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who get flagrant tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault accidents impact Toyota Tundra insurance prices for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Annual miles is a factor – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Double check that your declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your Tundra can cost quite a bit.
- Save money with higher deductibles – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Toyota. Some examples of covered claims are a dented fender, damage caused by hail, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Drivers with excellent credit save on car insurance – A driver’s credit rating can be a huge factor in determining your rates. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Toyota Tundra by improving your credit score. People that have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
Toyota Tundra historical loss data – Insurance companies use claims history when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Toyota Tundra vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Tundra Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Tundra CrewMax 2WD 88 105 96 63 75 94 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4WD 97 113 105 64 51 77 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 2WD 95 131 90 85 84 107 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4WD 86 112 93 53 55 79 Toyota Tundra Double Cab LWB 4WD 93 115 69BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Toyota Tundra insurance in Pittsburgh
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims before the accident.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower car insurance rates.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Pittsburgh is a good way to get lower rates on your next car insurance statement.
Don’t be surprised that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below shows the difference between Toyota Tundra auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, student away at school, multiple policy, multiple autos, and good student.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, driver training, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, and military active duty.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for theft prevention, homeowners, air bags, 55 and older, and early bird.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, good driver, mySafetyValet, TimeAway discount, and early bird.
- The Hartford includes discounts for bundle, air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, driver training, defensive driver, and good student.
- AAA has discounts for education and occupation, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, and AAA membership discount.
Check with each company or agent to apply every possible discount. A few discounts may not apply in every state.
Car insurance can get complicated
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does my Toyota Tundra qualify for pleasure use?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Buying car insurance from Pittsburgh insurance agencies
Many people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance quotes and also buy local. And buying from small agencies is still important in Pittsburgh.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Pittsburgh who want to provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to you. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
The difference between Pittsburgh car insurance agents
If you want a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Pittsburgh agents are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we highly recommend that you contact a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Pittsburgh that may be able to give price quote information.
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Pittsburgh willing to provide price quote information.
Mike Dudenas – State Farm Insurance Agent
901 Castle Shannon Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 561-5012 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- How long has their agency been open in Pittsburgh?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Pittsburgh?
Cheap auto insurance premiums are out there
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can lower your Toyota Tundra insurance premium rates in Pittsburgh. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Pittsburgh car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates are with a small local company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
As you quote Pittsburgh car insurance, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-conscious Toyota Tundra insurance can be sourced online and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available in the articles below:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- How Much is Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Single Moms in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)