Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper price quotes will probably buy a different policy because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent study showed that drivers who did price comparisons regularly saved about $860 a year compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the best price on Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Pittsburgh is your objective, then having an understanding of the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The best way to find affordable quotes for Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Pittsburgh is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies that insure vehicles in Pennsylvania. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents and poor credit can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to get cheaper rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Pittsburgh. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Lower Your Pittsburgh Insurance Costs
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that aid in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine prices.
Married drivers get better premiums – Having a significant other helps lower the price on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Tickets hurt – Careful drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Even one ticket could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. People who have multiple citations like DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
Credit rating impacts premium rates – Credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit score is not that good, you may save money insuring your Toyota Yaris iA by improving your rating.
Insure car and home with the same company – Most larger auto insurance companies apply lower prices for people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare Toyota Yaris iA rates in Pittsburgh to verify if the discount is saving money.
Only buy coverage you need – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying auto insurance. Coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and term life insurance are some examples. These coverages may sound good when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
Finding low cost car insurance rates is not a difficult process. You just have to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing price quotes to find out which insurance company has cheaper Pittsburgh car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania serves several purposes
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Yaris iA in Pittsburgh, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota Yaris iA has a loan, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance preserves your car and your assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Determine discounts on Pittsburgh insurance
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with a few insurance companies.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can avoid monthly service charges.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will help lower the premium cost.
For a list of insurers who offer online Toyota Yaris iA insurance quotes in Pittsburgh, click here.
Car insurance quotes from local Pittsburgh insurance agents
Some people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Good agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and also buy local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Pittsburgh who will give competitive quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you directly. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any agent in Pittsburgh should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What insurance companies do they work with in Pittsburgh?
- How long has their agency been in business in Pittsburgh?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- What company do they have the most business with?
Best auto insurance agent in Pittsburgh
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can provide car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agencies work for only one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Pittsburgh who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Carolyn Dorsey – State Farm Insurance Agent
5901 Baum Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15206 – (412) 361-8000 – View Map
- Jack Dumbaugh – State Farm Insurance Agent
1236 Grove Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 884-8100 – View Map
- Adriana Pasquini – State Farm Insurance Agent
735 Copeland St, FL2, Pittsburgh 15232 – FL2, PA 15232 – (412) 904-1268 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Below are independent agencies in Pittsburgh that can give you rate quotes.
- Nalley Insurance Agency LLC
3349 Babcock Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15237 – (412) 366-5223 – View Map
- The Dowd Insurance Agency
998 Greensburg Pike – East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 – (412) 271-5477 – View Map
- Kelly Insurance Group
700 River Ave # 433 – Pittsburgh, PA 15212 – (412) 325-1650 – View Map
Once you have acceptable answers for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles. Just be aware that it’s your policy and you can cancel a policy for any reason so never assume that you are obligated to a specific company for the full policy term.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Budget-friendly car insurance in Pittsburgh can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Pittsburgh, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
More information is located at the links below
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)