If you want to save the most money, the best way to get discount car insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to do an annual price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Pennsylvania. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about car insurance and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit score can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives ideas to help prevent expensive coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. As soon as you can, safely store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One piece of advice is to try to use the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to compare as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Consumers who shop for lower prices are inclined to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding better rates. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates once a year saved as much as $860 a year compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on insurance in Pittsburgh is your objective, then having some insight into how to shop and compare insurance rates can make the process more efficient.
Companies offering Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance in Pennsylvania
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price comparisons in Pittsburgh, PA. To get cheap auto insurance in Pittsburgh, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Subaru B9 Tribeca Insurance Cost Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower premium levels. Many things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but others are not quite as obvious like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Rates for men may be higher – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Better prices on safer cars – Safer cars cost less to insure. Highly rated vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Subaru B9 Tribeca earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
Increase comp and collision deductibles to save – Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your Subaru. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Credit rating impacts premium rates – A driver’s credit rating will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. People that have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Subaru B9 Tribeca by improving your credit score.
Policy add-ons add up – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your B9 Tribeca policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Impacts performance impacts auto insurance prices – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. Smaller low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Bundle policies with the same company – Most major companies afford a discount to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare Subaru B9 Tribeca rates in Pittsburgh to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still find a better deal even if you have your coverage with different companies
Teenagers vs. older drivers – Teen drivers in Pennsylvania are statistically shown to be less responsible behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older people are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
Insurance policy discounts for Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance in Pittsburgh
Some insurers don’t always publicize all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy Pittsburgh car insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house in Pittsburgh may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but some companies like State Farm and Allstate may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
Companies who may offer these benefits include:
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Pittsburgh. To see a list of companies with significant discounts in Pennsylvania, click here.
Comparing rates from local Pittsburgh auto insurance agents
Certain consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Pittsburgh.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is submitted to participating agents in Pittsburgh who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork because prices are sent immediately to your email address. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
When researching a local agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they function. Agents in Pittsburgh are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you definitely need to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Pittsburgh that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
- J.S. Smith Insurance Agency
101 Bellevue Rd Suite 02 – Pittsburgh, PA 15229 – (412) 931-6070 – View Map
- Zikos Insurance
Two Chatham Center, Suite 1060, 112 Washington Pl – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 391-3464 – View Map
- Casper Insurance Agency, Inc.
611 Mt Royal Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15223 – (412) 486-9200 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. They are well schooled on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Pittsburgh that are able to give rate quotes.
- Donna Fleming – State Farm Insurance Agent
11203 Frankstown Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15235 – (412) 242-5995 – View Map
- Steve Long – State Farm Insurance Agent
2830 W Liberty Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15216 – (412) 531-5600 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Thomas Bianco
1154 Freeport Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15238 – (412) 967-7655 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
If you get answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that will insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you can always terminate coverage whenever you choose to so never feel that you’re stuck with any particular company for the full term.
In the end, you can save money
We just presented a lot of techniques to shop for Subaru B9 Tribeca insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from an unexpected company.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Drivers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Corolla in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)