How long have you put off shopping around for low-cost Suzuki Kizashi insurance in Pittsburgh? Nobody I know anticipates paying for car insurance, especially knowing it costs too dang much.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who rate shop once a year will most likely buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A survey found that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved $850 each year compared to policyholders who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance in Pittsburgh is the reason you’re here, then having some insight into how to choose a company and compare insurance coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
Steps to finding discount Suzuki Kizashi insurance in Pittsburgh
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get low-cost Suzuki Kizashi insurance in Pittsburgh is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in Pennsylvania. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents and a bad credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Compare rates now
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Kizashi coverage is available. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new carrier. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from every company you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Multiple insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company to find the best rates possible on Suzuki Kizashi insurance in Pittsburgh.
Companies offer money-saving discounts on Suzuki Kizashi insurance in Pittsburgh
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but some need to be asked for before you get the savings. If you do not double check each discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Pittsburgh auto insurance quote.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to your current Kizashi insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Good Student – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Telematics Data – People who choose to allow driving data submission to track where and when they drive by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will help lower your overall premium however.
The chart below shows the difference between Suzuki Kizashi insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, and driver training.
- Travelers offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, student away at school, early quote, multi-car, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farm Bureau discounts include 55 and retired, multi-policy, safe driver, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, youthful driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including safety features, newly retired, multi-car, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, and newly married.
- American Family may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, accident-free, early bird, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and online quote discount.
It’s a good idea to ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Pittsburgh. If you would like to view providers that offer many of these discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
The best way to compare car insurance rates for Suzuki Kizashi insurance in Pittsburgh is to know the trick auto insurance companies participate in online systems to give free rates quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give them rating details such as distance driven, your credit rating estimate, if it has an anti-theft system, and whether you are single or married. The data is automatically sent to many different companies and you will receive price estimates within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Pittsburgh.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If your goal is to find the cheapest auto insurance in Pennsylvania, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the cheapest rates.
Coverage statistics and figures
The coverage table shown below highlights a range of coverage costs for Suzuki Kizashi models. Having knowledge of how insurance premiums are determined is important for you to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Kizashi S AWD||$250||$434||$316||$18||$94||$1,112||$93|
|Kizashi SE AWD||$250||$512||$316||$18||$94||$1,190||$99|
|Kizashi GTS AWD||$250||$512||$316||$18||$94||$1,190||$99|
|Kizashi SLS AWD||$278||$512||$316||$18||$94||$1,218||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Pittsburgh location which can alter premium rates greatly.
When comparing insurance rates, the most common question is where to set your physical damage deductibles. The following tables can help illustrate the differences in price when you choose different comp and collision deductibles. The first pricing table uses a $250 deductible for comp and collision and the second price grid uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Kizashi S AWD||$288||$428||$330||$20||$98||$1,189||$99|
|Kizashi SE AWD||$288||$506||$330||$20||$98||$1,267||$106|
|Kizashi GTS AWD||$288||$506||$330||$20||$98||$1,267||$106|
|Kizashi SLS AWD||$320||$506||$330||$20||$98||$1,299||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Kizashi S AWD||$234||$346||$330||$20||$98||$1,028||$86|
|Kizashi SE AWD||$234||$408||$330||$20||$98||$1,090||$91|
|Kizashi GTS AWD||$234||$408||$330||$20||$98||$1,090||$91|
|Kizashi SLS AWD||$260||$408||$330||$20||$98||$1,116||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Pittsburgh location which can influence price quotes greatly.
Based on this data, we can arrive at the conclusion that using a $250 deductible could cost the average driver approximately $14 more each month or $168 annually across all Suzuki Kizashi models than quoting the higher $500 deductible. Since you would pay $250 more if you file a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you tend to have at a minimum 18 months between claims, you would probably save some money if you opt for a higher deductible. The table below shows the way this decision is made.
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$103|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $89|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$14|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $250):||$250|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$250 / $14|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||18 months|
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Suzuki Kizashi insurance costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The diagram below shows the comparison of Suzuki Kizashi yearly insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Pennsylvania minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula that is best for determining when to drop full coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Suzuki Kizashi settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $300 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
The Suzuki Kizashi Insurance Premium Equation
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the things that go into determining your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower car insurance prices. Many things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Get married and pay lower prices – Having a significant other actually saves money when buying car insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Costs are affected by your address – Having an address in less populated areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Never go without car insurance – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
What are good liability protection limits? – Liability insurance is the protection if you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Demanding job may mean higher rates – Jobs such as lawyers, airline pilots, and miners have higher average rates in part from intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations like actors, historians and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Male premiums may be higher – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Both genders are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
The chart below compares Suzuki Kizashi insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Careless drivers pay higher rates – Even one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal forty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have dangerous violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can impact Suzuki Kizashi insurance rates for each age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Poor credit score equals high costs – Your credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Suzuki Kizashi by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When selecting the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Can’t I compare prices from local Pittsburgh insurance agents?
Some people just want to buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain better rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is important particularly in Pittsburgh.
Upon completion of this simple form, your information is submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house because prices are sent immediately to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, just search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
When searching for a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Pittsburgh agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison.
Shown below are independent agents in Pittsburgh who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are trained well on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Pittsburgh that are able to give price quotes.
Finding the right insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Pittsburgh?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
Car insurance is not optional in Pennsylvania
Even though Pittsburgh Kizashi insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection in order to be legal. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Suzuki, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Suzuki at a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America overpays more than $869 every year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Shop smart and save
Lower-priced Suzuki Kizashi insurance in Pittsburgh can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Pittsburgh agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don’t offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to compare Suzuki Kizashi insurance premium rates in Pittsburgh. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Pittsburgh auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. They can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Steps to buying lower priced Suzuki Kizashi insurance in Pittsburgh
To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to compare quotes annually from different companies that insure vehicles in Pennsylvania. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many rating factors that increase rates like careless driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Additional insurance information is located at these links:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)