Finding low-cost insurance for a new or used Toyota Camry Hybrid in Pennsylvania can be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks and make it easy.
There is a better way to shop for insurance and we'll show you the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Toyota and locate the lowest price from Pittsburgh insurance agents and online providers.
It's important to do price comparisons occasionally because insurance prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance in Pittsburgh two years ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. There is too much inaccurate information about Camry Hybrid insurance online but we're going to give you some of the best ways to put money back in your pocket.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper rates, follow these tips to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. Comparing rates for more affordable auto insurance in Pittsburgh is not as confusing as people think. You just have to use the proper way to quote multiple rates from multiple carriers.
Most major insurance companies give prices from their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance in Pittsburgh is quite simple as you just type in your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. After you submit the form their rating system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and quotes a price.
This simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to do this in order to find cheaper car insurance pricing.
In order to find out if lower rates are available, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the coverages as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have rate quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. To find cheap auto insurance in PA, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insuring your Toyota Camry Hybrid just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Camry Hybrid in Pittsburgh, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota has a lienholder, most banks will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. The average driver in Pennsylvania overpays as much as $825 a year so compare rate quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance coverage details
The premium table shown below highlights estimates of insurance coverage prices for Toyota Camry Hybrid models. Having a better idea how auto insurance premiums are formulated can help you make decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can change coverage prices considerably.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The chart below compares Toyota Camry Hybrid annual premium costs with full coverage and liability only. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no exact rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Toyota Camry Hybrid replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Companies offer many discounts on Toyota Camry Hybrid insurance in Pittsburgh
Some providers don't always list all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Pittsburgh car insurance online.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Pittsburgh can save you money since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Online Discount - Certain larger companies give back up to $50 get Pittsburgh car insurance digitally online.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works.
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Toyota Camry Hybrid auto insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and the discounts they provide include:
- American Family offers discounts including Steer into Savings, air bags, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, accident-free, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-policy, good student, 55 and retired, safe driver, youthful driver, and driver training.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, anti-theft, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and good student.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for early quote, multi-policy, save driver, home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, and driver training.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, defensive driver, air bag, good student, bundle, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has savings for federal employee, five-year accident-free, good student, air bags, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. A few discounts may not be available in Pittsburgh. If you would like to see a list of companies with significant discounts in Pittsburgh, click here to view.
When buying the best car insurance coverage, there really is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need an agent's assistance.
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Who is covered when they drive my Toyota Camry Hybrid?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Ratings for Pittsburgh auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality company can be difficult considering how many companies there are in Pennsylvania. The rank data in the next section can help you pick which car insurance companies to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies