The preferred way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from different companies in Pittsburgh.
Step 1: Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic violations and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Prius V coverage is available in Pittsburgh. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. Make sure you keep the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
An essential thing to point out is that you use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that a large majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in America could save an average of $859 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
Companies offering Toyota Prius V insurance in Pennsylvania
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Pennsylvania. If your goal is to find the cheapest car insurance in Pittsburgh, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Cheap Pittsburgh car insurance rates with discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but a few must be asked for in order for you to get them. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one company you could save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of more than 20%.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Prius V insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could earn substantially lower prices.
Discounts lower rates, but most credits do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
The best car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Travelers may have discounts that include home ownership, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, and driver training.
- 21st Century discounts include homeowners, driver training, good student, 55 and older, theft prevention, teen driver, and student driver.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, driver’s education, safe vehicle, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for multi-car, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, drive less, and safe driver.
- AAA offers discounts for education and occupation, pay-in-full, good driver, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Pittsburgh. To choose companies that offer some of these discounts in Pittsburgh, click here.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Toyota Prius V to commute?
- Is water damage covered by my policy?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Good agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And buying from local insurance agents is especially important in Pittsburgh.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Pittsburgh who will return price quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your computer because prices are sent instantly to you. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Listed below are Pittsburgh auto insurance companies who can help you get price quotes for Toyota Prius V insurance in Pittsburgh.
Feeney Insurance Agency
1350 Old Freeport Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15238 – (412) 963-8850 – View Map
Brown Insurance Agency
5001 Baum Blvd #515 – Pittsburgh, PA 15213 – (412) 681-7114 – View Map
Eric Morris – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 Babcock Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15209 – (412) 821-0225 – View Map
George O’Korn – State Farm Insurance Agent
4486 Steubenville Pike – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 921-1182 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Does their agency support local causes in Pittsburgh?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
What is YOUR best insurance company?
We just showed you a lot of ways to compare Toyota Prius V insurance prices in Pittsburgh. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Pittsburgh is possible from both online companies and with local Pittsburgh insurance agents, so you need to quote Pittsburgh car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal or even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right car insurance provider is less work than it seems.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Sonata in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with a DUI in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Handicapped Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)