How long has it been since the last time you looked for the cheapest insurance rates in Pittsburgh, PA? Pittsburgh consumers have options when looking for low-cost Volkswagen Eos insurance. They can either spend hours calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to get price quotes for your Volkswagen and get the lowest price from Pittsburgh insurance agents and online providers.
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates before your next renewal because prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Volkswagen Eos insurance in Pittsburgh a few years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Eos insurance on the internet, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some proven techniques to lower your insurance bill.
The goal of this article is to let you in on the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance and how to save the most money. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to save money using the concepts you’re about to learn. Drivers only need an understanding of the fastest way to compare insurance rates from many companies at once.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Pittsburgh, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Determine discounts on Pittsburgh insurance
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Eos insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Pittsburgh and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Volkswagen could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Eos car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, safe vehicle, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide has savings for defensive driving, accident-free, easy pay, anti-theft, good student, multi-policy, and family plan.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, driver training, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-car, good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, good driver, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for homeowners, early bird, automatic seat belts, student driver, and driver training.
- The Hartford may include discounts for driver training, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, bundle, good student, and anti-theft.
If you need the cheapest Volkswagen Eos rate quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in your area. To view companies offering insurance discounts in Pittsburgh, click this link.
Volkswagen Eos insurance rates and statistics
The information below highlights different insurance rates for Volkswagen Eos models. Being more informed about how car insurance premiums are determined can help you make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$136||$264||$310||$18||$92||$820||$68|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$136||$264||$310||$18||$92||$820||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can decrease or increase premium rates significantly.
Where to set your deductibles
When comparing auto insurance rates, the most common question is the level to set your comp and collision deductibles. The tables below may help to conceptualize the rate differences of buying low and high policy deductibles. The first set of prices uses a $250 comprehensive and collision deductible and the second data table uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$288||$506||$330||$20||$98||$1,267||$106|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$288||$506||$330||$20||$98||$1,267||$106|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$178||$318||$330||$20||$98||$944||$79|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$178||$318||$330||$20||$98||$944||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in garaging location in Pittsburgh which can decrease or increase coverage rates noticeably.
Based on this data, using a $250 deductible will cost you about $27 more each month or $324 annually averaged for all Eos models than requesting the higher $1,000 deductible. Because you would pay $750 more to file a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $250 deductible, if you have more than 28 months between claims, you would probably save some money if you opt for a higher deductible.
How to determine when to raise your deductibles
|Average monthly premium for $250 deductibles:||$106|
|Average monthly premium for $1,000 deductibles (subtract):||– $79|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$27|
|Difference between deductibles ($1,000 – $250):||$750|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$750 / $27|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||28 months|
An important thing to remember is that higher deductibles means you will have to pay more out-of-pocket when you have to file a claim. You need to have enough disposable income in order to pay the deductible.
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Volkswagen Eos insurance premiums for each different age category. The costs are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
A small number of people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find better rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for neighborhood agents is important especially in Pittsburgh.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When finding a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know why they differ since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from independent agents for the best price selection. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Shown below are independent agents in Pittsburgh who may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Ron Dunn Insurance Agency, LLC
124 Ingram Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15205 – (412) 922-1126 – View Map
- A For the People Insurance Agency, Inc.
2514 Wylie Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15219 – (412) 621-5581 – View Map
- Dowd Insurance Agency Inc
998, Greensburg Pike – East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 – (412) 271-5477 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Pittsburgh that are able to give rate quotes.
- Mike Dudenas – State Farm Insurance Agent
901 Castle Shannon Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 561-5012 – View Map
- Paul Lukitsch – State Farm Insurance Agent
200 Fleet St #100 – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 921-2008 – View Map
- Darlene Shelton-Lamot – State Farm Insurance Agent
911 Western Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15233 – (412) 322-1064 – View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Pennsylvania?
- What companies can they write with?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
After you get positive responses to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that will insure your vehicles.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What policy terms are available?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Many things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but some are not as apparent such as your credit history or your commute time.
The factors shown below are a few of the things used by companies to determine your prices.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Volkswagen Eos is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Increase physical damage deductibles to save – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Expect high rates for teens – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit. Teenage drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Gender and insurance rates – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both are responsible for accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Eos auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Improve your credit score and save – A driver’s credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay. If your credit rating can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Volkswagen Eos by improving your credit score. People that have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have lower ratings.
Tickets cost more than a fine – Being a careful driver has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Getting just one chargeable violation can bump up the cost substantially. Careful drivers get better prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
The illustration below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims impact Volkswagen Eos annual premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Frequent policy claims increase rates – Insurance companies in Pennsylvania give most affordable rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is designed for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Lower stress equals lower rates – Occupations such as military personnel, executives, and medical professionals tend to pay the highest average rates because of intense work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as actors, athletes and homemakers receive lower rates.
Volkswagen Eos statistical loss data – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher premium rate. The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volkswagen Eos vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Volkswagen Eos Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Eos Convertible 88 77 78 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Eos in Pittsburgh, insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen Eos has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Volkswagen. It will also pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver overpays as much as $825 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions or even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When you buy Pittsburgh auto insurance online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you many ideas to get a better price on Volkswagen Eos insurance in Pittsburgh. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting low cost Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Steps to finding low-cost Volkswagen Eos insurance in Pittsburgh
Really, the only way to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers who provide car insurance in Pittsburgh.
First, gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Be sure to store the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Tacoma in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)