How many years has it been since you compared low-cost Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Pittsburgh? Searching for better insurance prices for a new or used Volkswagen Golf SportWagen in Pennsylvania can be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to get price quotes on a Volkswagen and locate the lowest possible price.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop rates annually are very likely to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding lower prices. A recent study showed that consumers who shopped around annually saved approximately $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price on insurance is your goal, then understanding the best way to quote and compare insurance coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
Cutting your insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is invest a few minutes comparing free Pittsburgh car insurance quotes from different insurance companies.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Pennsylvania. To locate the best auto insurance in Pittsburgh, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Pittsburgh, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen Golf SportWagen has a loan, most banks will require that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts for cheaper car insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit available, you could be getting lower rates.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Pittsburgh Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a Pittsburgh car insurance quote.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Golf SportWagen may earn a small discount because newer models are generally safer.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your overall premium however.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need low cost Pittsburgh car insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply in every state. To see a list of car insurance companies with the best Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance discounts in Pennsylvania, click here to view.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that provide free Pittsburgh car insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to you. If you need to get a price quote from a specific auto insurance provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How long has the business existed?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Pittsburgh?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
Below are agents in Pittsburgh that may be willing to give price quote information for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Pittsburgh.
- Chad Gregorini – State Farm Insurance Agent
7 Brilliant Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15215 – (412) 784-8855 – View Map
- John Cosey – State Farm Insurance Agent
5869 Forbes Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15217 – (412) 521-7070 – View Map
- Crawford Insurance Agency
11743 Frankstown Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15235 – (412) 244-8888 – View Map
- The Dowd Insurance Agency
998 Greensburg Pike – East Pittsburgh, PA 15112 – (412) 271-5477 – View Map
If you get good answers for all questions you ask and low cost Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found a company that will adequately provide auto insurance. But remember, you have the power to cancel your coverage any time you want so never assume that you are obligated to a specific company for a certain time period.
How to know if you need help
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Be persistent and save
Cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Pittsburgh is attainable both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be less work than you think.
We just covered many tips how you can shop for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a small local company.
Steps to buying affordable Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Pittsburgh
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find affordable quotes for Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Pittsburgh is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in Pennsylvania.
- Get a basic knowledge of how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many things that drive up the price such as traffic citations and a poor credit score can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Pittsburgh. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new company or agent. Once received, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The critical component of shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Rates for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)