Do you want to stop overpaying and find more affordable Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Pittsburgh? Paying for expensive Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Pittsburgh can consume your savings and possibly require postponing other expenditures.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. With the average insurance premium being $1,400, Pennsylvania drivers could save an average of roughly $690 each year, but they don’t know the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Drivers have many insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, having more auto insurance companies makes it harder to adequately compare rates for Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Pittsburgh.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage periodically because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the lowest rates on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Pittsburgh on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to find out one of the quickest ways to get good coverage on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Pittsburgh at a lower rate.
These tips will teach you how car insurance works and also pocket some savings If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using this information. Vehicle owners only have to learn how to get comparison quotes over the internet.
How to buy Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Finding a lower price on insurance can be quick and easy. All you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it obsolete to drive to all the different insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates this option unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible to price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Pennsylvania. To get the best car insurance in Pennsylvania, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The coverage information displayed below outlines different insurance rates for Volkswagen Jetta models. Having a better understanding of how premiums are calculated can help drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$346||$432||$26||$130||$1,170||$98|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$236||$346||$366||$22||$110||$1,080||$90|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$346||$432||$26||$130||$1,170||$98|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$408||$432||$26||$130||$1,262||$105|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$266||$408||$366||$22||$110||$1,172||$98|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$408||$432||$26||$130||$1,262||$105|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$266||$408||$432||$26||$130||$1,262||$105|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$266||$408||$366||$22||$110||$1,172||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in vehicle location which can alter auto insurance rates considerably.
Auto insurance rates by age and gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no accidents, no driving violations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The example below shows the difference between Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There isn’t a steadfast formula to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Jetta book value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $700 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should maintain full coverage.
Choosing Volkswagen vehicle insurance is an important decision
Even though Pittsburgh Jetta insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Jetta, almost all lenders will require that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards your Volkswagen Jetta and your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays as much as $810 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Discount Pittsburgh insurance quotes
Some providers do not advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so we researched a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Pittsburgh car insurance online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn lower insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Driver Education Discount – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Paperwork-free – Many companies give back up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
- Student in College – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Pittsburgh and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can save you money because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
Companies and the discounts they provide include:
- 21st Century discounts include air bags, teen driver, defensive driver, early bird, homeowners, driver training, and 55 and older.
- Progressive may offer discounts for good student, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may include discounts for good driver, multiple autos, safe vehicle, accident-free, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide includes discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, family plan, defensive driving, easy pay, accident-free, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including renters, Switch & Save, defensive driver, good driver, anti-theft, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford has savings for defensive driver, driver training, good student, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
If you are trying to find cheaper Pittsburgh car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To locate companies with the best Volkswagen Jetta insurance discounts in Pittsburgh, click here to view.
Buying auto insurance from Pittsburgh auto insurance agents
Many people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent. Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. And buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Pittsburgh.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Pittsburgh car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you wish to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
When researching a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agencies are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it can impact your agent selection.
These type of agents often have affiliation with several companies and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you include at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Pittsburgh who can help you get pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Pittsburgh that can give you price quotes.
Eric Morris – State Farm Insurance Agent
2015 Babcock Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15209 – (412) 821-0225 – View Map
Mike Dudenas – State Farm Insurance Agent
901 Castle Shannon Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15234 – (412) 561-5012 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. A good agent in Pittsburgh will have answers to these questions.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Upon receiving positive responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you may have found an insurance agent that can adequately provide auto insurance.
Insurance policy specifics
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a deer, damage from flooding, theft and vandalism. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for claims such as emergency aid, court costs and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Pennsylvania requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, dental work and funeral costs. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This covers damage to your Jetta resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your Jetta to bring the cost down.
Best auto insurance in Pittsburgh
Ending up with a high-quality insurance company is hard considering how many companies there are to choose from in Pittsburgh. The information below could help you select which insurers you want to consider putting your business with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Persistent drivers can save
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheap Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Pittsburgh can be purchased from both online companies and with local Pittsburgh insurance agents, so get free Pittsburgh car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
Steps to finding discount Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Pittsburgh
If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper Volkswagen Jetta insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies in Pittsburgh.
- First, try to comprehend individual coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates like traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources. View a list of agents
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Jetta coverage is available in Pittsburgh. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, tell your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new policy. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Other learning opportunities
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 70 in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Pittsburgh Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)