Do you get frustrated by the crazy number of auto insurance providers that you can choose from? You have so many choices that it can really be a difficult situation to find the perfect company for you. Pittsburgh is an awesome place to live, but expensive premiums for auto insurance can make it hard for many drivers to maintain proper levels of coverage.
How to find lower priced Volkswagen Rabbit insurance in Pittsburgh
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find cheaper car insurance rates in Pittsburgh is to compare quotes once a year from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in Pennsylvania. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- First, read about what is in your policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic citations and a substandard credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates now
- Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Pittsburgh. If you can save money, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around will most likely switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A survey found that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved about $3,450 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding low prices for Volkswagen Rabbit insurance is your objective, then knowing the best ways to find and compare insurance can make the process less intimidating.
The fastest way that we advise to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact most of the larger companies actually pay money for the chance to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like if a SR-22 is required, the year, make and model of vehicles, if you went to college, and deductibles desired. That information is instantly provided to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes instantly.
To compare rates for your Volkswagen Rabbit now, click here and enter your zip code.
The car insurance companies shown below offer quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. To find cheaper car insurance in Pittsburgh, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Determine discounts on Pittsburgh auto insurance
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but some need to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Telematics Data Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to track where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- No Claim Discounts – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a house in Pittsburgh may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and Allstate will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles with the same auto insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn slightly better premium rates than normal.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To view insurers with discount auto insurance rates in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Even though Pittsburgh Rabbit insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Pennsylvania these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Volkswagen Rabbit. It also can pay for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Volkswagen as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
How to find a good Pittsburgh car insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with the top insurer is hard considering how many companies are available to choose from in Pennsylvania. The ranking data listed below may help you decide which auto insurance companies you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Erie Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Pittsburgh Car Insurance Companies Overall
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- State Farm
- Farmers Insurance
- Erie Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and choosing a policy, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Local agents and car insurance
Many drivers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. You never need to do any legwork as quotes are delivered to you. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you need to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What companies can they write with?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local Pittsburgh insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agents in Pittsburgh are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Pittsburgh willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Chad Gregorini – State Farm Insurance Agent
7 Brilliant Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15215 – (412) 784-8855 – View Map
- Corey Griffith – State Farm Insurance Agent
1143 S Braddock Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15218 – (412) 241-1178 – View Map
- John Cosey – State Farm Insurance Agent
5869 Forbes Ave – Pittsburgh, PA 15217 – (412) 521-7070 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparison shopping, you will want to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Pittsburgh who can help you get rate quotes.
- Casper Insurance Agency, Inc.
611 Mt Royal Blvd – Pittsburgh, PA 15223 – (412) 486-9200 – View Map
- Liberty Insurance Agency
1910 Cochran Rd #800 – Pittsburgh, PA 15220 – (412) 571-5700 – View Map
- Crawford Insurance Agency
11743 Frankstown Rd – Pittsburgh, PA 15235 – (412) 244-8888 – View Map