How long has it been since you compared more affordable Volvo XC60 insurance in Pittsburgh? Are you tired of not being able to afford each month for insurance? You are in the same boat as millions of other people.
It’s amazing but most consumers in Pennsylvania have remained with the same insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. The average driver in the U.S. can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they moved their coverage to a different company. You have multiple insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, having more insurers makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Pittsburgh can really be easy if you know what you’re doing. If you’re already insured or are looking for a new policy, use these techniques to buy cheaper auto insurance and still get good coverage. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of how to find the lowest price over the internet.
Cheap companies for Volvo XC60 insurance in Pennsylvania
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Pittsburgh, PA. If you want cheap car insurance in PA, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Rates and detailed analysis
The coverage information shown below covers a range of insurance rates for Volvo XC60 models. Being more informed about how insurance quotes are determined is important to be able to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$220||$434||$268||$16||$80||$1,018||$85|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$250||$434||$268||$16||$80||$1,048||$87|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$250||$512||$268||$16||$80||$1,126||$94|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$278||$512||$268||$16||$80||$1,154||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Pennsylvania minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Pittsburgh which can change coverage rates substantially.
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Volvo XC60 insurance prices for each age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Poor driving habits will raise your insurance rates
The information below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims can raise Volvo XC60 insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Slash rates with these rate reducing discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Certain credits will be shown when you complete an application, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you are not receiving all the discounts available, you could be getting lower rates.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to look at driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your auto and homeowners policies and place coverage with the same company you may earn up to 20% off your total XC60 insurance premium.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a defensive driving class could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount on insurance.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below shows the comparison of Volvo XC60 insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Pennsylvania state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
The best insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- AAA has savings for good driver, multi-car, good student, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- State Farm includes discounts for accident-free, multiple autos, passive restraint, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and good student.
- Esurance may have discounts that include online shopper, defensive driver, renters, safety device, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Nationwide may include discounts for Farm Bureau membership, family plan, accident-free, anti-theft, and business or organization.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in every state. To see a list of insurers with the best discounts in Pittsburgh, follow this link.
Insurance agents are professional risk managers
Many people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Most agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower prices and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Pittsburgh that can provide free Pittsburgh auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How many years have they been established?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Pittsburgh?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Pittsburgh?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Agencies in Pittsburgh are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both write policy coverage, but it’s good to learn the subtle differences because it can factor into your selection of an agent.
Agents of this type write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Pittsburgh who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business through many companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are independent agents in Pittsburgh who can help you get price quotes.
Persistence will pay off
We covered many ideas to get a better price on Volvo XC60 insurance in Pittsburgh. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Budget-friendly insurance in Pittsburgh can be sourced from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
Steps to finding better rates for Volvo XC60 insurance in Pittsburgh
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get budget Volvo XC60 insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers in Pittsburgh. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a substandard credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment for the new coverage. As soon as you receive it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
More detailed insurance information is located in these articles:
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Mileage Drivers in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Pittsburgh? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Pittsburgh Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)